About This Chapter
How it works:
- Identify which concepts are covered on your securities markets homework.
- Find videos on those topics within this chapter.
- Watch fun videos, pausing and reviewing as needed.
- Complete sample problems and get instant feedback.
- Finish your securities markets homework with ease!
Topics from your homework you'll be able to complete:
- Investment bankers and securities markets
- Stock exchanges
- Stock trades
- Equity financing by selling stock
- Bond types and properties
- Bond financing
- Indicators and market conditions
- Bond and stock investments
- Exchange-traded funds
- Mutual funds
1. Securities Markets and Investment Bankers
Securities markets and investment banks provide opportunities for companies to obtain capital and people to make investments to increase their wealth. In this lesson, you'll learn about securities markets and the players involved.
2. Trading Securities on the Stock Exchange
Stocks are traded all over the world seven days a week, 24 hours a day on stock exchanges located in the world's financial capitals, such as New York, London, Tokyo and Hong Kong. In this lesson, you'll learn how stocks are traded.
3. Selling Stock to Raise Capital
One method a business can use to raise funds is selling stock to potential investors. In this lesson, you'll learn about raising capital through the sale of stock, including its advantages and disadvantages.
4. Bonds: Types, Characteristics and Issuing Procedures
In this lesson, you will learn about some of the more common types of bonds and their characteristics. Bonds include: secured and unsecured bonds, term and serial bonds, registered and bearer bonds, and convertible and callable bonds.
5. The Advantages of Bond Financing
This lesson introduces you to the basics of bond financing, important vocabulary related to bond financing, and the financial advantages to the bond issuer. You will learn why bond issuances are a great way for companies to fund large projects.
6. How Indicators Influence Market Conditions
The stock market offers an opportunity for investors to accumulate a significant degree of wealth. Investors often use tools called indicators to help them make investment decisions. In this lesson, you'll learn about these tools.
7. Investment Opportunities in Stocks and Bonds
Investors often turn to the stock and bond markets when investing their money. Each market offers opportunities and risks for the individual investor. In this lesson, we'll explore the nature of these investments.
8. Investment Opportunities in Mutual Funds and Exchange-Traded Funds
Investing in the stock market is not limited to individual stocks. Investors can also invest in mutual funds and exchange-traded funds. In this lesson, you'll learn about these opportunities, as well as their advantages and disadvantages.
9. Common Stock: Definition, Issuance & Formula
This lesson will provide you with a basic understanding of common stock, why and how companies issue stock, the potential for return on investment when investing, and how to calculate shareholder earnings.
10. Convertible Bonds in Accounting: Definition & Examples
Convertible bonds are a special type of bond that gives the owner the option to trade for a certain amount of stock in the company. This lesson provides a detailed definition as well as examples to reinforce learning.
11. Countertrade: Definition, Types & Examples
Countertrade is an important means of trade used by developing countries. In this lesson, you'll learn what countertrade is, the types of countertrade that are available, and also be provided some examples. A short quiz follows the lesson.
12. Government Securities: Definition, Types & Examples
Governments need money to operate and, just like people and businesses, they will borrow money when needed. In this lesson, you'll learn about government securities.
13. Gross Private Domestic Investment: Definition & Formula
In this lesson, you will define the concept of gross private domestic investment (GPDI), list the factors that are used to determine it, and learn to calculate it using a simple formula.
14. How to Calculate Earnings Per Share: Definition & Formula
There are many different numbers that investors look at when deciding whether to invest in a company, including the earnings per share. In this lesson, we will learn what earnings per share means and how to calculate it.
15. How to Calculate Present Value of an Investment: Formula & Examples
This lesson will provide an overview of how to calculate the present value of an investment. Various examples will also be explored using the present value formula. You can test your knowledge of the material with a quiz at the end of the lesson.
16. Investment Spending: Definition & Formula
In this lesson, we will explore the term investment spending. We will define it, determine the different types, learn how to calculate it, and discover why it is a necessary part of business.
17. Outstanding Stock: Definition & Formula
A company issues shares of stock to raise money. In this section we will explain what outstanding stock is and how you can figure out how much outstanding stock a company has.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Introduction to Business: Homework Help Resource course
- The Dynamic Business Environment: Homework Help
- Homework Help for Social Responsibility and Ethical Behavior in Business
- Economics and Business: Homework Help
- Business in Global Markets: Homework Help
- Forms of Business Ownership: Homework Help
- Entrepreneurship and Small Business: Homework Help
- Managing and Leading in Business: Homework Help
- Leadership Styles in Business: Homework Help
- Organizational Management: Homework Help
- Business Production and Operations: Homework Help
- Workplace Productivity & Motivation: Homework Help
- Basics of Human Resources: Homework Help
- Managing the Employer-Worker Relationship: Homework Help
- Business Marketing Basics: Homework Help
- Product Development and Retailing: Homework Help
- Product Distribution & Supply Chain Management: Homework Help
- Pricing Strategy in Marketing: Homework Help
- Product Promotion: Homework Help
- MIS Basics: Homework Help
- Implications of Information Technology: Homework Help
- Risk Management: Homework Help
- Accounting Basics: Homework Help
- Financial Management: Homework Help
- Money and Financial Institutions: Homework Help