About This Chapter
Security Policies, Group Policies & User Account Control - Chapter Summary
In this chapter on user account control, security policies and group policies, you'll find a series of short lessons that make these topics easy to understand. The information covered here includes examples of information security policies and best practices for network security design. Each lesson is accompanied by a short quiz so you can test yourself before moving on. If you need any assistance along the way, feel free to contact an expert through the dashboard. This chapter is designed to help you do the following:
- Give examples of information security procedure
- Outline best practices and principles for network security design
- Provide an overview of group policy objects in Windows Server 2016
- Explain the uses for the group policy management console for Windows Server 2016
- Identify the configuration and uses for the group policy settings
- Configure active directory security policies for Windows Server 2016
- Create and configure local users and groups in active directory
- Describe user account control in active directory for Windows Server 2016
1. Information Security Policy & Procedure Examples
Protection of information and data in an organization is one of the most important and key requirements in ensuring business continuity. In this lesson, we will be looking at information security policies and procedures.
2. Network Security Design: Best Practices & Principles
Security is very important these days, and it starts at the network level. In this lesson, we'll take a look at network security, what it is, what network security design is, best practices, and some principles to follow.
3. Group Policy Objects in Windows Server 2016: Overview & Types
In this lesson, you will learn about group policy objects or GPOs within Active Directory Domain Services. There are three types of GPOs - local, nonlocal, and starter with types of situations that are best suited to each.
4. Group Policy Management Console for Windows Server 2016: Explanation & Uses
This lesson explains what the Group Policy Management Console is and how it is used to create and apply Windows settings, deploy group policy security filters, and manage starter GPOs.
5. Windows Server 2016 Group Policy Settings: Configuration & Uses
The use of Group Policy Objects has long been a powerful method for configuring Active Directory systems and user accounts. This lesson will highlight how to make use of Group Policy for multiple objects with the 2016 Microsoft Server operating system.
6. Configuring Active Directory Security Policies for Windows Server 2016
In this lesson, you will learn the steps to configure security policies in Windows Server which includes planning and configuring an audit policy, assigning user rights, configuring security options and working with security templates.
7. Creating & Configuring Local Users & Groups in Active Directory for Windows Server 2016
In this lesson, you'll learn how to create new users and groups in Windows Server 2016 using the User Accounts Control Panel applet and the Local Users and Groups management console. This lesson also describes the different features of users and groups and the management interfaces.
8. User Account Control in Active Directory for Windows Server 2016
This is the lesson where we will be discussing User Account Control (UAC) in the context of Windows Server 2016. Administrative tasks, secure desktop and certain configurations will be presented.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Computer Science 322: Windows Server Configuration course
- Windows Server 2016 Installation & Configuration
- Configuring Storage & Replication in Windows Server 2016
- File & Share Access in Windows Server 2016
- Installing & Configuring Hyper-V in Windows Server 2016
- Creating & Managing Active Directory Users & Computers in Windows Server 2016
- Active Directory Groups & Organizational Units in Windows Server 2016
- Configuring Network Services with IPv4 & IPv6 in Windows Server 2016
- DHCP & DNS Configuration & Deployment in Windows Server 2016
- Installing Windows Active Directory Domain Services in Windows Server 2016
- Ensuring High Availability in Windows Server 2016 Installations
- Clustering in Windows Server 2016
- Windows Containers in Windows Server 2016
- Security Policies, Application Restrictions & Windows Firewall in Windows 2016
- Maintaining & Monitoring Windows Server 2016