About This Chapter
Security Policies, Group Policies & User Account Control - Chapter Summary
You'll find a series of short lessons in this chapter on user account control, security policies and group policies that make these topics easy to understand. The information covered here includes examples of information security policy and best practices for network security design. Each lesson is accompanied by a short quiz so you can test yourself before moving on. If you need any assistance along the way, feel free to contact an expert through the Dashboard. This chapter is designed to help you do the following:
- Give examples of information security procedure
- Outline best practices and principles for network security design
- Provide an overview of group policy objects in Windows Server 2012 R2
- Explain the uses for the group policy management console for Windows Server 2012 R2
- Identify the configuration and uses for the group policy settings
- Configure active directory security policies for Windows Server 2012 R2
- Create and configure local users and groups in active directory
- Describe user account control in active directory for Windows Server 2012 R2
1. Information Security Policy & Procedure Examples
Protection of information and data in an organization is one of the most important and key requirements in ensuring business continuity. In this lesson, we will be looking at information security policies and procedures.
2. Network Security Design: Best Practices & Principles
Security is very important these days, and it starts at the network level. In this lesson, we'll take a look at network security, what it is, what network security design is, best practices, and some principles to follow.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Computer Science 322: Windows Server Configuration course
- Windows Server Installation & Configuration
- Configuring Local Storage
- File, Share Access & Print Services
- Configuring Virtual Machines & Networks with Hyper-V
- Configuring Network Services with IPv4 & IPv6
- DHCP & DNS Configuration & Deployment
- Installing Windows Active Directory Domain Services
- Security Policies, Application Restrictions & Windows Firewall