About This Chapter
Self-Awareness, Management & Motivation - Chapter Summary
In this chapter, your company's supervisors will learn foundational concepts related to self-awareness and self-management in the workplace. Supervisors can access this chapter at any time to learn new self-motivation techniques and self-management skills that can be beneficial in work environments.
Included in the chapter are short quizzes that go over important self-awareness terms and concepts. The chapter is also accessible at any time, and supervisors can study on any device that has an Internet connection.
How It Helps
- Builds awareness: The chapter helps supervisors cultivate an awareness of self-management and its importance in business.
- Highlights self-management skills: Lessons show supervisors how to apply self-management in workplace settings.
- Improves self-management skills: Supervisors who complete the chapter can become more skilled at self-management.
By the end of the chapter, your company's supervisors should be able to:
- Explain the concept of self-awareness
- Apply self-management skills in the workplace
- Utilize effective self-motivation techniques
1. Self-Awareness: Definition & Explanation
In this lesson, we'll discuss the definition of self-awareness and its benefits to your life. Discover what can prevent a person from being self-aware, and learn about several tools to help you increase your self-awareness.
2. Practical Application: List of Questions for Assessing Self-Awareness
Here's a list of questions you can use to assess your own self-awareness in various situations. These can also be used to help assess the self-awareness of your employees.
3. Self-Management Skills for the Workplace
Self-management skills are essential to achieve workplace goals. In this lesson, we'll discuss specific skills to help you stay focused and contribute to a healthy work environment.
4. Self-Motivation Techniques & Examples
Some people live their life with intense fervor. They are highly self-motivated, productive and successful. Learn the definition of self-motivation, intrinsic versus extrinsic motivators, as well as techniques to increase self-motivation in this lesson.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Emotional Intelligence for Supervisors course