About This Chapter
Selling for the Hospitality Industry - Chapter Summary
Get a clearer picture of sales in hospitality with these helpful lessons. You'll have the opportunity to review everything from building client relationships to closing sales deals. The lessons focus on general sales practices as well as strategies for making sales in the hospitality and tourism industries. Detailed examples and term definitions make this material easy to learn. Track your progress on your Dashboard and take self-assessment quizzes to determine if you're ready to move on to the next topic or need to continue reviewing this material. After completing this chapter, you should be able to:
- Relate the steps of the selling process
- Explain the importance of developing customer relationships
- Describe the traditional method of selling
- Discuss effective strategies for selling hospitality products and services
1. Personal Selling: The Steps of the Selling Process
This lesson introduces you to the concept of personal selling. You will learn about the steps in the personal selling process, including how to close a deal.
2. Relationship Selling vs. Traditional Methods: Definition and Purpose
Promoting is an important method of communicating the benefits of a product or service. The traditional way of selling does not take into account developing a long-term relationship with customers and is more concerned with just making a sale. The proper way of selling in a marketing environment is relationship selling. This is concerned with solving customer product needs and delivering long-term customer service.
3. Selling Strategies in the Hospitality & Tourism Industry
Understanding the steps to effective selling can enhance your efforts in the hospitality and tourism industry. In this lesson, you'll learn more about selling strategies, from prospecting to following through after the sale.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Hospitality 301: Hospitality Marketing course
- Basics of Hospitality Marketing
- Hospitality Industry Trends
- Hospitality Marketing Research
- Consumer Behavior in the Hospitality Industry
- Hospitality Market Segmentation
- Pricing for the Hospitality Industry
- Hospitality Marketing Channels
- Hospitality Marketing Strategies
- Advertising for Hospitality
- Hospitality Industry & Public Relations
- Hospitality Marketing & Technology
- Required Assignments for Hospitality 301
- Studying for Hospitality 301