About This Chapter
Selling & Sales Forecasting - Chapter Summary
This business chapter is exclusively focused on sales, so you can count on this being a niche resource if you need to study sales forecasting and methods. You can study the step-by-step processes for various selling methods and also review tips for sales forecasting. Personal selling and relationship selling techniques are thoroughly described.
You should be able to meet the following objectives by completing this chapter:
- Know factors and time frames of short-term, intermediate-term, and long-term sales forecasting *Enumerate the differences between traditional selling and relationship selling models
- Differentiate between personal selling and relationship selling
- Describe the steps involved in personal selling
- Implement key principles of relationship selling
This lessons in this chapter very neatly delineate the different types of sales forecasting time frames and sales models. The video lessons highlight important terms and definitions, and if you refer to the text transcripts, you'll find a section for each step, allowing you to easily scan for important information and mentally organize the separate steps. Our instructors have business qualifications and real experience, and they write their lessons from the perspective of a mentor.
1. Relationship Selling vs. Traditional Methods: Definition and Purpose
Promoting is an important method of communicating the benefits of a product or service. The traditional way of selling does not take into account developing a long-term relationship with customers and is more concerned with just making a sale. The proper way of selling in a marketing environment is relationship selling. This is concerned with solving customer product needs and delivering long-term customer service.
2. Personal Selling: The Steps of the Selling Process
This lesson introduces you to the concept of personal selling. You will learn about the steps in the personal selling process, including how to close a deal.
3. Short-Term, Long-Term & Immediate Sales Forecasting
Creating sales forecasts is a critical activity in an organization as it helps estimate the amount of income that will be coming into the business in the short and long term, as well as immediately.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the NES Business Education (309): Practice & Study Guide course
- Organizational Management in Business
- Organizational Structures
- Human Resource Management in Business
- Human Resource Laws & Requirements
- Business Law & Ethics
- Government Regulations for Consumer Protection
- Taxation for Corporations
- Business Accounting Overview
- Personal Finance & Consumer Economics
- Consumer Credit
- Personal Insurance Coverage
- Computation & Quantitative Analysis in Business
- Microeconomics Concepts & Laws
- Microeconomics Fundamentals for Business
- Macroeconomics Principles for Business
- International Business & Trade
- Principles of Marketing & Market Research
- Consumer Behavior & Customer Satisfaction
- Fundamentals of E-commerce
- Entrepreneurship & Business Plans
- Business Communication Fundamentals
- Information Systems in Business
- Business Software
- Career Development in Business
- NES Business Education Flashcards