About This Chapter
Selling to a Customer - Chapter Summary
This chapter goes over several concepts that employees need to know in order to effectively sell to customers. The chapter is designed to help managers and employees:
- Define customer personas and study examples
- Learn about Alan Cooper's ideas
- Understand the stages of a customer's journey and the sales funnel
- Interpret the purchase model
These short lessons come with interactive practice quizzes to help employees make sure they take away the most important sales concepts. A final multiple-choice chapter exam can be taken after each lesson.
How It Helps
- Improves sales knowledge: Supervisors and employees need to be aware of the sales process, from the customer's experience to each step of the sales funnel.
- Helps with customer understanding: Sales people should know about the different types of customer personas so they can better sell to them based on each customer's wants and needs.
- Establishes context: Employees can solidify their understanding of these customer and sales concepts by evaluating illustrative examples found in this chapter's lessons.
After reviewing this chapter's lessons, employees will be able to:
- Recognize several customer personas
- Understand Alan Cooper's work and his thoughts on customer personas
- Identify the key stages of the sales funnel
- Summarize the purchase model and its touch points
1. Customer Personas: Definition & Examples
How do you get a deeper understanding of your who your customers are? This lesson will explain what customer personas are, provide examples, and how to use them.
2. Alan Cooper: Biography & Customer Personas
In this lesson, you'll learn more about tech pioneer Alan Cooper and the ways he has innovated business, including his creation of customer personas, which are used in product development, distribution, and marketing across many markets.
3. Mapping the Customer Journey: Examples & Management
It is important to understand everything a customer goes through when they are dealing with your company. This lesson will take a look at how to map and manage the customer journey.
4. Sales Funnel: Definition & Stages
The sales funnel is a fundamental marketing process that sales organizations must understand. Learn how consumers move from learning about a product or service to making a purchase for the item.
5. Path to Purchase Model: Touch Points & Overview
Understanding the Path to Purchase Model can help business owners reach consumers in each stage of the buying process. In this lesson, you'll gain an overview of the Path to Purchase Model.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.