About This Chapter
SEO for Business Development - Chapter Summary
This corporate training chapter is designed to help your employees improve their skills in search engine optimization (SEO). The lessons in this chapter go over basic facts of SEO and the ways in which it can be implemented in business settings. Topics covered in these lessons include:
- Overview of the basics and types of search engine optimization
- Use of long-tail keywords and associated tools
- SEO competitive intelligence
- Advantages of SEO
- SEO techniques, methods, tools and plans
Your employees can benefit from the teachings of our experienced lesson instructors, who ensure that all topics are covered clearly and comprehensively. The chapter also offers practice quizzes - as well as a final chapter exam - that can be used to assess their comprehension of the most significant points on this subject.
How It Helps
- Defines key terms: Your employees can use these lessons to go over all of the necessary definitions for SEO-related terms and concepts.
- Offers techniques: These lessons focus on basic SEO techniques essential for business development so employees can learn options for incorporating it into their business plans.
- Teaches tools: Through these lessons, employees can also learn about the tools that they can use to implement SEO more effectively.
By the end of this chapter, employees will be able to:
- Understand the purpose and importance of search engine optimization
- Recognize the different types and techniques of SEO
- Explain what a long tail keyword is and how it is used
- Describe competitive intelligence for SEO
- List the advantages of search engine optimization
- Understand how to use SEO tools and plans more effectively
1. Search Engine Optimization: Basics & Definition
Search engine optimization helps companies ensure that their websites are able to be seen at the top of the list on search engines. This lesson discusses the processes and methods involved in accomplishing search engine optimization.
2. Search Engine Optimization: Types & Examples
There are three different types of search engine optimization used. In this lesson, we will discuss white hat SEO, black hat SEO, grey hat SEO, and examples of how they are all used.
3. What is a Long Tail Keyword?
A Long tail keyword helps a customer look for a specific item. In this lesson, we will discuss the importance of keywords for SEO, what long tail keywords are, and the importance of research.
4. Long Tail Keyword: Definition & SEO
Long tail keywords are used for search optimization. In this lesson, we will discuss what long tail keywords are and how they gain quality traffic, have less competition, and how it is important to use relevant long tail keywords.
5. Long Tail Keyword: Tools & Research
Long tail keywords may be difficult to create, but there are tools to help you. In this lesson, we will discuss the different research tools to help generate long tail keywords, and how to use them.
6. Competitive Intelligence for SEO
Competitive intelligence for SEO is essential for a company to have a strong online presence. In this lesson, we will discuss how to analyze competitors and use this information to improve your online presence.
7. Advantages of Search Engine Optimization
There are advantages to utilizing search engine optimization. In this lesson, we will discuss how a company can increase traffic to their website, build brand awareness, increase their return on investment, and stay competitive by using SEO.
8. Search Engine Optimization: Techniques & Methods
Search engine optimization is important to the success of a business. In this lesson, we will discuss the different methods and techniques that should be used to develop an effective strategy.
9. Search Engine Optimization: Tools & Plan
Search engine optimization is important to help a business achieve more traffic. In this lesson, we will discuss the different tools and plans to utilize to be successful.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.