About This Chapter
Who's it for?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering SAT mathematics level 2 material will benefit from taking this course. There is no faster or easier way to prepare for this SAT math subject test. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding how to calculate geometric and arithmetic series or classify arithmetic and geometric sequences
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning math (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about sequences and series for the SAT
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra math learning resources
How it works:
- Find videos in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Press play and watch the video lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the Sequences and Series in Math chapter exam.
Why it works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Sequences and Series in Math chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any sequences and series question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students will review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in a sequences and series unit of a standard math course. Topics covered include:
- Summation notation
- Arithmetic series
- Geometric series
- Arithmetic sequences
- Geometric sequences
1. What is a Mathematical Sequence?
Math is often the most fun when it acts like a puzzle to be solved. The branch of math where this is the most true involves sequences. Get an introduction to the basics and important vocabulary, as well as learn where sequences appear in nature!
2. How to Find and Classify an Arithmetic Sequence
Arithmetic sequences are everywhere, and with a few tricks you learn here, you could end up looking like a psychic the next time you go to a movie or a football game!
3. Finding and Classifying Geometric Sequences
Want your YouTube video to get a lot of hits? Besides including a cute baby or an adorable cat, getting your video to have a big common ratio is the key. Learn what I'm talking about here!
4. Summation Notation and Mathematical Series
The capital Greek letter sigma might be most recognizable as a common symbol in a fraternity or sorority, but it's used for some pretty cool math tricks too. In this lesson, learn how to use sigma for things like determining how many seats are in Michigan Stadium.
5. How to Calculate an Arithmetic Series
In this lesson, you'll learn how to sum up any arithmetic sequence without having to add up each and every term. You'll never guess the circumstances that led to the discovery of this marvelous formula.
6. How to Calculate a Geometric Series
If you're not satisfied with knowing how many views your YouTube video will get any one day and need to know how many total views you're getting, geometric series are for you! Learn more in this lesson.
7. Arithmetic and Geometric Series: Practice Problems
There are many different types of problems concerning series and sequences - including some that are pretty abstract. From bouncing balls to adding up odd numbers, test your skills here with additional arithmetic and geometric series practice!
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the SAT Mathematics Level 2: Help and Review course
- Basic Math Review: Help and Review
- Square Roots: Help and Review
- Basic Algebraic Expressions in Math: Help and Review
- Exponents in Math: Help and Review
- Linear Equations & Inequalities in Algebra: Help and Review
- Absolute Value Equations & Inequalities: Help and Review
- Polynomials in Algebra: Help and Review
- Functions in Math: Help and Review
- Rational Expressions in Algebra: Help and Review
- Matrices: Help and Review
- Exponentials and Logarithms in Math: Help and Review
- Complex Numbers in Math: Help and Review
- Coordinate Geometry Basics: Help and Review
- Graphing Linear Equations & Inequalities: Help and Review
- Advanced Coordinate Geometry: Help and Review
- Three-Dimensional Geometry: Help and Review
- Overview of Trigonometry: Help and Review
- Probability, Combinations & Permutations: Help and Review
- Working with Data & Statistics: Help and Review
- Logic: Help and Review
- Limits in Math: Help and Review