About This Chapter
Setting & Achieving Goals - Chapter Summary
The ability to set and achieve performance goals helps increase revenue for sales professionals. To enhance their understanding of goals, use this chapter as a corporate training resource. Topics that will be covered in this lesson include:
- Performance goals
- The contribution of goals to well-being
- Goal achievement
Sales professionals can review and discuss the lessons in groups when you are conducting corporate training sessions or they can study the lessons on-site or after work. These lessons can be accessed on a computer, tablet and even a smartphone because they are mobile friendly. A great way to assess retention of the lessons is by taking the lesson quizzes and chapter exam.
How It Helps
- Increases sales: When employees achieve performance goals, they will increase sales for your company.
- Improve skills: With this chapter, employees will learn how to improve their previous performance goals and continue getting better.
- Exposure to examples: The lessons in this chapter include examples of performance goals that employees can directly apply to their work settings.
Upon completion of this chapter, your sales professionals will be ready to:
- Recall what performance goals are and share examples
- Understand the correlation between goals and well-being
- Compare the results of achieved goals against a standard
1. What are Performance Goals? - Definition & Examples
Learn what performance goals are and how they are vital to your job success. Find out the keys to setting effective SMART goals, and see a few examples of how these goals can be written.
2. Practical Application: Setting Performance Goals
Many leaders struggle to articulate their expectations of employees in a way that is clear and concise. These three scenarios will guide you through the process of creating, revising, and monitoring good performance goals in a variety of situations.
3. How Goals Contribute to Well-Being
Setting and achieving goals has a major influence on our well-being, but it's a process that's sometimes easier said than done. In this video, you'll learn how goals affect well-being and explore some ideas to help you succeed in achieving your own goals.
4. Reviewing Goal Achievement: Comparing Results to Set Goals
Progress towards goals must be monitored and reviewed to determine whether you're on the right track. In this lesson, you'll learn about comparing results against a standard to determine goal achievement.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.