About This Chapter
Setting & Monitoring Student Goals - Chapter Summary
In this chapter, short lessons cover the monitoring and setting of student goals for you to review at your convenience. Our self-paced lessons address smart goals, instructional outcomes and progress monitoring, plus much more. When finished with this chapter, you should be able to do the following:
- Discuss the evaluation of outcome-based education
- Provide examples of smart goals for students
- Understand how to set instructional outcomes for diverse learners
- Successfully monitor the progress of students on an individual basis
Take a look at these interesting lessons on your mobile phone, tablet or computer at any time that is convenient for you. We've included a quiz with each lesson so that you can test yourself before an exam or ensure you've understood what you've just learned. It's easy to monitor your pace through the Dashboard and submit any questions you might have to one of our helpful instructors.
1. Outcome-Based Education: Steps & Evaluation
The simplest way to measure learning effectiveness is to ask, 'What will the students actually be able to do when they're finished learning?' In this lesson we'll discuss typical steps for achievement and evaluation in the outcome-based approach.
2. SMART Goals for Students: Definition and Examples
Educators often need to write SMART goals for their students. This lesson will introduce you to the components of SMART goals so that you can improve your goal-writing skills by writing goals that are SMART.
3. Setting Instructional Outcomes for Diverse Learners
In this lesson, you'll find out what is meant by the term diverse learners and how to differentiate instruction to meet a variety of needs. You'll learn how to make sure all students absorb the material they're given.
4. Monitoring the Progress of Individual Students
In order to plan instruction for students, teachers must first have a solid idea of student skill level. This lesson explains methods for monitoring and recording the progress of individual students and shows how it is applied in a classroom.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the MTTC Learning Disabilities (063): Practice & Study Guide course
- Learning Disabilities & Other Types of Disabilities
- Learning Disabilities Across the Lifespan
- Factors Affecting Development & Learning
- Language Disorders
- Perceptual, Memory & Reasoning Disorders
- Behavioral, Social & Emotional Disorders
- Assessment Instruments & Methods in Special Education
- Assessment Procedures in Special Education
- Assessment Interpretation & Communication in Special Education
- IEPs, IFSPs & Transition Plans
- Learning Environments in Special Education
- Fundamentals of Classroom Management
- Individualizing Instruction for Learning Disabilities
- Promoting Language Development
- Promoting Emergent Literacy
- Promoting Reading Skills for Students with Learning Disabilities
- Promoting Written Expression for Students with Learning Disabilities
- Promoting Math Skills for Students with Learning Disabilities
- Promoting Social Competence in Special Education
- Promoting Functional Living Skills in Special Education
- Developing & Implementing Behavioral Interventions
- Roles & Responsibilities of the Special Education Professional
- Communication & Collaboration in Special Education
- Historical, Social & Legal Issues in Special Education
- Professional Development in Special Education
- MTTC Learning Disabilities Flashcards