About This Chapter
Who's it for?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering microbiology material will benefit from taking this course. You will be able to grasp the subject matter faster, retain critical knowledge longer and earn better grades. You're in the right place if you:
- Have fallen behind in understanding Chlamydia, gonorrhea and syphilis.
- Need an efficient way to learn about sexually transmitted bacterial diseases.
- Learn best with engaging auditory and visual tools.
- Struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD.
- Experience difficulty understanding your teachers.
- Missed class time and need to catch up.
- Can't access extra science learning resources at school.
How it works:
- Start at the beginning, or identify the topics that you need help with.
- Watch and learn from fun videos, reviewing as needed.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Submit questions to one of our instructors for personalized support if you need extra help.
- Verify you're ready by completing the Sexually Transmitted Bacterial Diseases chapter exam.
Why it works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Sexually Transmitted Bacterial Diseases chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any relevant question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students will review:
In this chapter, you'll learn the answers to questions including:
- What causes Chlamydia, and how does it spread?
- What are the symptoms of gonorrhea, and can it be cured?
- What are the different stages of syphilis?
- What famous historical figure had syphilis?
1. What Is Chlamydia Trachomatis? - Symptoms, Signs & Treatment
In this lesson we'll cover a very famous sexually transmitted disease known as chlamydia. You'll learn about the bacterium that causes this condition, how it's spread, what problems it causes, and how it can be treated.
2. What Is Gonorrhea? - Cause, Symptoms & Cure
This lesson will go into one of the most famous sexually transmitted diseases of all time, known as gonorrhea. We'll cover what agent causes this disease, what symptoms may occur, and how it is best avoided and treated.
3. What Is Syphilis? - Causes, Symptoms & Stages
We'll talk about a very well-known condition called syphilis, the bacterium that causes it, as well as the signs, symptoms, and treatment that is associated with it. We'll also look into which famous historical figure suffered from this disease.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Microbiology: Help and Review course
- Biology Basics for Microbiology: Help and Review
- Microbiology Basics: Help and Review
- Bacterial Biology: Help and Review
- Microbiology Laboratory Techniques: Help and Review
- Microorganisms and the Environment: Help and Review
- The Disease Process: Help and Review
- Introduction to Viruses: Help and Review
- DNA Viruses: Help and Review
- RNA Viruses: Help and Review
- Protozoan Diseases: Help and Review
- Fungal Infections: Help and Review
- Gastrointestinal Tract Illnesses & Infections: Help & Review
- Bloodborne Bacterial Diseases: Help and Review
- Bacterial Diseases of the Respiratory Tract: Help and Review
- Bacterial Skin and Wound Infections: Help and Review
- Immunology And the Body's Defenses Against Pathogens: Help and Review
- Antimicrobial Drugs: Help and Review
- Food and Industrial Microbiology: Help and Review
- Sterilization and Antiseptic Techniques: Help and Review