About This Chapter
Below is a sample breakdown of the Sexually Transmitted Bacterial Diseases chapter into a 3-day school week. Based on the pace of your course, you may need to adapt the lesson plan to fit your needs.
|Day||Topics||Key Terms and Concepts Covered|
|Day 1||Chlamydia trachomatis||Symptoms, signs and treatment methods for chlamydia and Chlamydia trachomatis|
|Day 2||Gonorrhea||Causes, symptoms and cures for gonorrhea and Neisseria gonorrhoeae|
|Day 3||Syphilis||Symptoms, stages and causes of syphilis, Treponema pallidum and chancres|
1. What Is Chlamydia Trachomatis? - Symptoms, Signs & Treatment
Chlamydia trachomatis is the bacterium that causes the most common sexually transmitted disease, chlamydia. Learn about the prevention, signs, symptoms, and treatments of chlamydia, and why this disease can affect women more severely than men.
2. What Is Gonorrhea? - Cause, Symptoms & Cure
Gonorrhea is a bacterial infection that can be transmitted to men and women through sexual contact. Learn about this sexually transmitted disease, find out the signs and symptoms of gonorrhea, and understand how to contract and avoid gonorrhea.
3. What Is Syphilis? - Causes, Symptoms & Stages
Syphilis is a sexually transmitted disease that is usually characterized by a painless sore in the genitals, rectum, or mouth. Learn how this disease killed Al Capone, discover the ways syphilis can be transmitted and the symptoms associated with it. Learn about the signs of having this disease and understand the causes, treatment, and prevention of syphilis.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Other chapters within the Microbiology Syllabus Resource & Lesson Plans course
- Biology Review: Microbiology Lesson Plans
- Microbiology Basics Lesson Plans
- Bacterial Cell Biology Lesson Plans
- Microbiology Laboratory Techniques Lesson Plans
- Microorganisms & the Environment Lesson Plans
- The Disease Process Lesson Plans
- Protozoan Diseases Lesson Plans
- Introduction to Viruses: Microbiology Lesson Plans
- DNA Viruses: Microbiology Lesson Plans
- RNA Viruses: Microbiology Lesson Plans
- Fungal Infections: Microbiology Lesson Plans
- Foodborne Illnesses & Bacterial Infections - Gastrointestinal Tract Lesson Plans
- Blood-borne Bacterial Diseases: Microbiology Lesson Plans
- Bacterial Diseases of the Respiratory Tract: Microbiology Lesson Plans
- Bacterial Skin and Wound Infections: Microbiology Lesson Plans
- Immunology And the Body's Defenses Against Pathogens: Microbiology Lesson Plans
- Antimicrobial Drugs: Microbiology Lesson Plans
- Food and Industrial Microbiology: Microbiology Lesson Plans
- Sterilization & Antiseptic Techniques: Microbiology Lesson Plans