About This Chapter
Below is a sample breakdown of the Sexually Transmitted Bacterial Diseases chapter into a 3-day school week. Based on the pace of your course, you may need to adapt the lesson plan to fit your needs.
|Day||Topics||Key Terms and Concepts Covered|
|Day 1||Chlamydia trachomatis||Symptoms, signs and treatment methods for chlamydia and Chlamydia trachomatis|
|Day 2||Gonorrhea||Causes, symptoms and cures for gonorrhea and Neisseria gonorrhoeae|
|Day 3||Syphilis||Symptoms, stages and causes of syphilis, Treponema pallidum and chancres|
1. What Is Chlamydia Trachomatis? - Symptoms, Signs & Treatment
In this lesson we'll cover a very famous sexually transmitted disease known as chlamydia. You'll learn about the bacterium that causes this condition, how it's spread, what problems it causes, and how it can be treated.
2. What Is Gonorrhea? - Cause, Symptoms & Cure
This lesson will go into one of the most famous sexually transmitted diseases of all time, known as gonorrhea. We'll cover what agent causes this disease, what symptoms may occur, and how it is best avoided and treated.
3. What Is Syphilis? - Causes, Symptoms & Stages
We'll talk about a very well-known condition called syphilis, the bacterium that causes it, as well as the signs, symptoms, and treatment that is associated with it. We'll also look into which famous historical figure suffered from this disease.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Microbiology Syllabus Resource & Lesson Plans course
- Biology Review: Microbiology Lesson Plans
- Microbiology Basics Lesson Plans
- Bacterial Cell Biology Lesson Plans
- Microbiology Laboratory Techniques Lesson Plans
- Microorganisms & the Environment Lesson Plans
- The Disease Process Lesson Plans
- Protozoan Diseases Lesson Plans
- Introduction to Viruses: Microbiology Lesson Plans
- DNA Viruses: Microbiology Lesson Plans
- RNA Viruses: Microbiology Lesson Plans
- Fungal Infections: Microbiology Lesson Plans
- Foodborne Illnesses & Bacterial Infections - Gastrointestinal Tract Lesson Plans
- Blood-borne Bacterial Diseases: Microbiology Lesson Plans
- Bacterial Diseases of the Respiratory Tract: Microbiology Lesson Plans
- Bacterial Skin and Wound Infections: Microbiology Lesson Plans
- Immunology And the Body's Defenses Against Pathogens: Microbiology Lesson Plans
- Antimicrobial Drugs: Microbiology Lesson Plans
- Food and Industrial Microbiology: Microbiology Lesson Plans
- Sterilization & Antiseptic Techniques: Microbiology Lesson Plans