About This Chapter
How it works:
- Begin your assignment or other microbiology work.
- Identify the sexually transmitted bacterial diseases concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find fun videos on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- As needed, submit a question to one of our instructors for personalized support.
Who's it for?
This chapter of our college microbiology tutoring solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn about sexually transmitted bacterial diseases and earn better grades. This resource can help students including those who:
- Struggle with understanding the causes, symptom, signs and treatments of the diseases or any other sexually transmitted bacterial diseases topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their biology learning
- Prefer learning biology visually
- Find themselves failing or close to failing their sexually transmitted bacterial diseases unit
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in microbiology
- Don't have access to their biology teacher outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning about sexually transmitted bacterial diseases simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For less than 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live microbiology tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn about sexually transmitted bacterial diseases on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Describe the symptoms and treatment of chlamydia trachomatis.
- Discuss the causes, symptoms and treatment of gonorrhea.
- Learn the causes, symptoms and stages of syphilis.
1. What Is Chlamydia Trachomatis? - Symptoms, Signs & Treatment
In this lesson we'll cover a very famous sexually transmitted disease known as chlamydia. You'll learn about the bacterium that causes this condition, how it's spread, what problems it causes, and how it can be treated.
2. What Is Gonorrhea? - Cause, Symptoms & Cure
This lesson will go into one of the most famous sexually transmitted diseases of all time, known as gonorrhea. We'll cover what agent causes this disease, what symptoms may occur, and how it is best avoided and treated.
3. What Is Syphilis? - Causes, Symptoms & Stages
We'll talk about a very well-known condition called syphilis, the bacterium that causes it, as well as the signs, symptoms, and treatment that is associated with it. We'll also look into which famous historical figure suffered from this disease.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Microbiology: Tutoring Solution course
- Biology Review for Microbiology: Tutoring Solution
- Microbiology Basics: Tutoring Solution
- Bacterial Biology: Tutoring Solution
- Microbiology Laboratory Techniques: Tutoring Solution
- Microorganisms and the Environment: Tutoring Solution
- The Disease Process: Tutoring Solution
- Introduction to Viruses in Microbiology: Tutoring Solution
- DNA Viruses: Tutoring Solution
- RNA Viruses: Tutoring Solution
- Protozoan Diseases: Tutoring Solution
- Fungal Infections: Tutoring Solution
- Foodborne Illnesses & Bacterial Infections: Tutoring Solution
- Bloodborne Bacterial Diseases: Tutoring Solution
- Bacterial Diseases of the Respiratory Tract: Tutoring Solution
- Bacterial Skin and Wound Infections: Tutoring Solution
- Immunology And the Body's Defenses Against Pathogens: Tutoring Solution
- Antimicrobial Drugs: Tutoring Solution
- Food and Industrial Microbiology: Tutoring Solution
- Sterilization and Antiseptic Techniques: Tutoring Solution