About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning about the Sherlock Holmes story, ''His Last Bow,'' will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to analyze the story. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who want to learn a broad topic in a short amount of time
- Students who are looking for easy ways to identify the most important information on the topic
- Students who have fallen behind in memorizing the plot and people in ''His Last Bow''
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning about literature (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who have limited time to study for an upcoming exam
How It Works:
- Complete each lesson in the chapter to review all key topics.
- Refer to the lesson to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with a short quiz.
- Complete your review with the Sherlock Holmes Short Story: ''His Last Bow'' chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: The lessons in this chapter cover only information you need to know.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging instruction and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Take the Sherlock Holmes Short Story: ''His Last Bow'' chapter exam to make sure you're prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any literature question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: View lessons on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter summarizes the material students need to know about ''His Last Bow'' for a standard literature course. Topics covered include:
- A summary and analysis of ''His Last Bow''
- Primary and secondary characters from the story
- Quotes from ''His Last Bow''
1. His Last Bow: Short Story Summary & Analysis
The last tale of Sherlock Holmes' exploits offers a different take on the legendary detective, who doesn't work as a detective in this final adventure. Instead, Sherlock Holmes comes out of retirement to work as an undercover government agent.
2. Quotes from His Last Bow: An Epilogue of Sherlock Holmes
This lesson introduces readers to the plot, themes, and characters in Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes adventure 'His Last Bow' through quotes from the story.
3. His Last Bow: An Epilogue of Sherlock Holmes Characters
In this lesson, we will take a closer look at the characters in Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's short story 'His Last Bow.' We will examine their disguises in the contexts of their interactions.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Sherlock Holmes: His Last Bow Study Guide course