About This Chapter
Shopping & Negotiating Price in Spanish - Chapter Summary
In these fun lessons, our instructors identify some of the common Spanish vocabulary words used when shopping and negotiating price. To make sure you understand what you've learned, take the multiple-choice quizzes after completing the lessons. Or, as a helpful test prep tool, take the quizzes before reviewing the lessons to see where you need additional study. Our instructors are available to offer assistance if you get stuck along the way. This chapter is designed to help you:
- Recognize the Spanish vocabulary words associated with payment and price
- Understand the Spanish terms and culture related to shopping
- Use Spanish to negotiate the price of something while shopping
- Practice your Spanish with a shopping activity
1. Spanish Price & Payment Vocabulary
Money is involved in most of our daily activities. In this lesson, you will learn the basics to get by in Spanish-speaking countries when asking for prices and interacting with others in shops or restaurants.
2. Shopping in Spanish: Vocabulary & Culture
Do you love shopping when you travel? In this lesson, you will learn the basic vocabulary and expressions you need to buy in different stores, from food items to records to clothing.
3. Negotiating Price in Spanish
Going shopping is a part of life, and you'll sometimes need to negotiate the price of an item. The word for 'negotiate' in Spanish is ''negociar.'' In this lesson, you'll learn useful vocabulary for negotiating prices.
4. Negotiating Prices & Shopping: Spanish Practice Activity
Now that you have some vocabulary to help you negotiate prices in Spanish, let's test your skills. In this lesson you will get a chance to review vocabulary for sellers of different kinds of goods and do some negotiating.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Spanish 102: Intermediate Spanish course
- Discussing Health & Safety in Spanish
- Discussing Daily Activities in Spanish
- Formal & Informal Spanish Imperatives
- Describing Future School Plans in Spanish
- Giving & Asking for Advice in Spanish
- Discussing Politics & Government in Spanish
- Discussing Work & Employment in Spanish
- Discussing Social Life & Relationships in Spanish
- Discussing Nature & the Environment in Spanish
- Discussing City Life in Spanish
- Visiting a Restaurant in Spanish
- Clothing Vocabulary in Spanish
- Discussing Art & Culture in Spanish
- Required Assignments for Spanish 102
- Studying for Spanish 102