About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering fiction and nonfiction science short stories will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn about fiction and nonfiction science short stories for kids. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding fiction and nonfiction science short stories
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning about literature (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about fiction and nonfiction science short stories for kids
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra literature resources
How It Works:
- Find lessons in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Watch the video or read through the text lesson.
- Refer to the transcripts or specific lesson sections to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the Short Fiction & Nonfiction Science Stories for Kids chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Short Fiction & Nonfiction Science Stories for Kids chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any literature question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos and read text lessons on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in a fiction and nonfiction science short story unit of a standard short stories for kids course. The chapter examines short stories about the following topics:
1. Science Short Stories for Kids
Getting kids to read stories about science is a great way to expand their content area knowledge while keeping them engaged with literacy. This lesson provides some short stories you can incorporate into science exploration and instruction.
2. Short Jungle Stories for Kids
So many children are interested in animals as well as ecology and faraway places. Reading about the jungle can be a wonderful way to bring these interests together while keeping kids engaged in and excited about literacy.
3. Short Story about Plants for Kids
If you are teaching your students about plants, having good literature for them to work with can make all the difference. This lesson summarizes children's stories about plants.
4. Short Stories About Space for Kids
Space is inconceivably huge to children, making it a topic of great interest to them. Use these books to add to your lessons on space; topics range from astronauts to the moon and even the constellations.
5. Short Animal Stories for Kids
Animals are always a crowd-pleaser for kids. Use this collection of animal short stories to get started on which books to include in your library or unit.
6. Wolf Stories for Kids
Wolf stories are a staple for young readers. They range widely from the silly to the scary, making them popular choices for a variety of students. This resource provides a list of appropriate wolf stories for elementary students with a fun activity.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Short Stories for Kids: Guide for Teachers & Parents course
- Overview of Short Stories for Kids
- Scary, Suspenseful & Mystery Short Stories for Kids
- Short Read-Aloud Stories for Kids
- Funny, Silly & Comic Short Stories for Kids
- Short Stories on Religious Topics for Kids
- Short Behavior and Feelings Stories for Kids
- Short Stories About History for Kids
- Holiday Short Stories for Kids
- Short Sports & Games Stories for Kids
- Myths and Legends for Kids
- Short Science Fiction & Fantasy Stories for Kids
- Short Stories About and From Different Cultures
- Short Stories for Reading Comprehension Practice