About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering short stories for kids about science fiction and fantasy will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn about sci-fi and fantasy short stories. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding science fiction and fantasy short stories for kids
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning about literature (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about short stories about science fiction and fantasy
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra literature resources
How It Works:
- Find lessons in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Watch the video or read through the text lesson.
- Refer to the transcripts or specific lesson sections to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the Short Science Fiction & Fantasy Stories for Kids chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Short Science Fiction & Fantasy Stories for Kids chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any literature question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos and read text lessons on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter helps young students review the concepts in a science fiction and fantasy short story unit of a standard short stories for kids course. The chapter examines short stories about the following topics:
1. Short Sci Fi Stories for Kids
Science fiction tends to be a very popular genre with children. This lesson offers some ideas for science fiction stories that teach your students more about reading while captivating their interests.
2. Short Superhero Stories for Kids
Superheroes resonate with children of all ages. This makes them the perfect characters for short stories. This lesson includes short superhero stories of varying levels to brighten your classroom with fantasy, fun and folly.
3. Short Magic Stories for Kids
So many kids love reading and learning about magic, so magic stories can be a wonderful way to get reluctant readers going. This lesson offers summaries of magic stories kids are likely to enjoy.
4. Short Princess Stories for Kids
Boys and girls alike will enjoy this collection of short stories about princesses. The characters present the role of a princess in different ways, from a warrior princess to a princess who doesn't act like one at all. Kids will enjoy the variety!
5. Short Stories About Fairies for Kids
So many children love fairies and stories about fairies! Encouraging this passion can be a great way to get children reading. This lesson provides a list of stories about fairies that will appeal to children.
6. The Enormous Turnip Lesson Plan
Educate your students about The Enormous Turnip with this lesson plan. They will draw pictures of enormous turnips and create their very own stories and songs.
7. A Sound of Thunder Discussion Questions
After reading the short story, 'A Sound of Thunder' by Ray Bradbury, use this guide to help students think critically about the themes and events discussed in the story. This guide was written with high school students in mind.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Short Stories for Kids: Guide for Teachers & Parents course
- Overview of Short Stories for Kids
- Scary, Suspenseful & Mystery Short Stories for Kids
- Short Read-Aloud Stories for Kids
- Funny, Silly & Comic Short Stories for Kids
- Short Stories on Religious Topics for Kids
- Short Behavior and Feelings Stories for Kids
- Short Stories About History for Kids
- Holiday Short Stories for Kids
- Short Sports & Games Stories for Kids
- Myths and Legends for Kids
- Short Fiction and Nonfiction Science Stories for Kids
- Short Stories About and From Different Cultures
- Short Stories for Reading Comprehension Practice