About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering short stories about and from different cultures will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn about short stories written about and from different cultures. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding American, Spanish and other types of short stories
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning literature (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about short stories written about and from different cultures
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra literature learning resources
How It Works:
- Find lessons in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Watch the video or read through the text lesson.
- Refer to the transcripts or specific lesson sections to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the Short Stories About and From Different Cultures chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Short Stories About and From Different Cultures chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any cultural short story question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos and read text lessons on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in a short stories and cultures unit of a standard literature course. Topics covered include:
- American short stories
- Spanish short stories
- Native American short stories
1. American Short Stories for Kids
Reading American short stories can be a great way for kids to understand American ethos and culture. This lesson offers a series of stories that capture different aspects of American life while also helping kids improve their reading comprehension.
2. Spanish Short Stories for Kids
Kids love short stories, and they are a wonderful way to encourage learning. Spanish short stories are great for classroom reading. This list of Spanish short stories will be the perfect accompaniment to your classroom.
3. Native American Short Stories for Kids
Teaching about Native American culture and history is an important part of any well-rounded curriculum. Stories can be a great insight into the beliefs and traditions of different tribes. This lesson includes summaries of a variety of stories from tribes from all over the United States.
4. The Drover's Wife: Summary, Themes & Analysis
What is a day in the life of an Australian bushwoman like? 'The Drover's Wife' can shine a little light on that. In this lesson, we'll summarize and break down the story and look at some themes of this Henry Dawson tale.
5. The Drover's Wife: Characters & Quotes
Have you ever considered why authors set their stories in certain locations? In the case of Henry Lawson, it is because of experience. We can see this in his short story, ''The Drover's Wife.''
6. The Little Match Girl Lesson Plan
The Hans Christian Andersen fairy tale, 'The Little Match Girl' is the focus of this lesson plan. Through analysis of the story, students identify story elements, summarize the story, and draw pictures to portray the themes/morals in the story.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Short Stories for Kids: Guide for Teachers & Parents course
- Overview of Short Stories for Kids
- Scary, Suspenseful & Mystery Short Stories for Kids
- Short Read-Aloud Stories for Kids
- Funny, Silly & Comic Short Stories for Kids
- Short Stories on Religious Topics for Kids
- Short Behavior and Feelings Stories for Kids
- Short Stories About History for Kids
- Holiday Short Stories for Kids
- Short Sports & Games Stories for Kids
- Myths and Legends for Kids
- Short Fiction and Nonfiction Science Stories for Kids
- Short Science Fiction & Fantasy Stories for Kids
- Short Stories for Reading Comprehension Practice