About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering short stories about history will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn about historical short stories. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding history-related short stories for kids
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning about literature (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about different short stories about history
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra literature resources
How It Works:
- Find lessons in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Watch the video or read through the text lesson.
- Refer to the transcripts or specific lesson sections to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the Short Stories About History for Kids chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Short Stories About History for Kids chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any literature question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos and read text lessons on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in a history short story unit of a standard short stories for kids course. The chapter covers short stories about the following topics:
- Historical fiction
- And many more topics!
1. Cowboy Short Stories for Kids
So many kids love to play cowboys and imagine the type of adventures they have. This lesson offers some stories that will get your cowboy fans engaged in literacy while learning about history and geography as well!
2. Short Christmas Story for Kids
Christmas can be a really special time for many students, and the season can also bring up a lot of important questions. This lesson offers a short story you can use to discuss Christmas while also teaching reading comprehension.
3. Historical Fiction Short Stories for Kids
Reading historical fiction can be a wonderful way to get kids interested in history and keep them reading. This book summarizes short stories that you can use to teach children about historical fiction.
4. Short Pirate Stories for Kids
Pirate stories can be both entertaining and educational. Use the pirate stories in this lesson to help introduce children to the wonderful world of pirates.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Short Stories for Kids: Guide for Teachers & Parents course
- Overview of Short Stories for Kids
- Scary, Suspenseful & Mystery Short Stories for Kids
- Short Read-Aloud Stories for Kids
- Funny, Silly & Comic Short Stories for Kids
- Short Stories on Religious Topics for Kids
- Short Behavior and Feelings Stories for Kids
- Holiday Short Stories for Kids
- Short Sports & Games Stories for Kids
- Myths and Legends for Kids
- Short Fiction and Nonfiction Science Stories for Kids
- Short Science Fiction & Fantasy Stories for Kids
- Short Stories About and From Different Cultures
- Short Stories for Reading Comprehension Practice