About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help summarizing the chapters in Siddhartha will benefit from these lessons. There is no faster or easier way to study the book's sequence of events. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who want to learn a broad topic in a short amount of time
- Students who are looking for easy ways to identify the most important information on the topic
- Students who have fallen behind in studying Siddhartha chapters
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning literature (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who have limited time to study for an upcoming exam
How It Works:
- Complete each lesson in the chapter to review all key topics.
- Refer to the lesson to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with a short quiz.
- Complete your review with the Siddhartha Chapter Summaries chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: The lessons in this chapter cover only information you need to know.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging instruction and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Take the Siddhartha Chapter Summaries chapter exam to make sure you're prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any literature question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: View lessons on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
These lessons summarizes all the chapters from Siddhartha for a standard literature course. You can expect to review:
- Summaries of all 12 chapters in Siddhartha
- Explanations of the chapters' characters, themes, conflicts and events
- More topics related to the novel's chapters
1. Siddhartha Chapter 1 Summary
During the first chapter, 'The Son of the Brahman' of 'Siddhartha' by Herman Hesse, Siddhartha's father's dreams for his son are dashed by Siddhartha's decision to leave home.
2. Siddhartha Chapter 2 Summary
In Chapter Two of Siddhartha, Siddhartha and Govinda come to the conclusion that they may not be cut out to live as Samanas, but find another spiritual path that offers some hope.
3. Siddhartha Chapter 3 Summary
The third chapter of 'Siddhartha' finds our main character continuing his journey to understanding and enlightenment. Along the way, he parts with someone very important to him. Read on to find out what happens.
4. Siddhartha Chapter 4 Summary
In Chapter Four of ''Siddhartha'', Siddhartha may be alone, but he gets his first glimmer of what Enlightenment could be about. As a result, he decides to keep pressing on.
5. Siddhartha Chapter 5 Summary
The first section of part two of ''Siddhartha'' finds our protagonist ready to approach life in a very different way from how he has spent the last several years.
6. Siddhartha Chapter 6 Summary
In the sixth chapter of ''Siddhartha'', our protagonist begins to find his way in the business world. However, the calmness with which he approaches life is a source of stress for his new employer.
7. Siddhartha Chapter 7 Summary
In 'Sansara', the 7th chapter of 'Siddhartha' by Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha begins to realize that it is time to move to the next phase of his journey towards enlightenment.
8. Siddhartha Chapter 8 Summary
In Chapter 8 of 'Siddhartha', our main character makes the devastating choice to end his life. What happens, and why does he make this choice? That's what we'll learning in this lesson.
9. Siddhartha Chapter 9 Summary
In the ninth chapter of ''Siddhartha'', our protagonist realizes that the path to enlightenment may be flowing right beside him. In addition, he meets up with an old flame.
10. Siddhartha Chapter 10 Summary
After the death of Kamala, and well into his life, we finally see how Siddhartha deals with interpersonal love in the tenth chapter of 'Siddhartha', as well as how he handles heartbreak.
11. Siddhartha Chapter 11 Summary
In 'Om', which is chapter 11 of 'Siddhartha' by Hermann Hess, Siddhartha continues to mourn his son, who has run away. However, his pain leads to the enlightenment he has been seeking.
12. Siddhartha Chapter 12 Summary
In the last chapter of 'Siddhartha', Siddhartha is able to help his oldest friend on the road to Enlightenment, even if Govinda doesn't immediately recognize it is Siddhartha that he speaks to.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.