About This Chapter
How it works:
- Identify which concepts are covered on your similar polygons homework.
- Find videos on those topics within this chapter.
- Watch fun videos, pausing and reviewing as needed.
- Complete sample problems and get instant feedback.
- Finish your similar polygons homework with ease!
Topics from your homework you'll be able to complete:
- Ratios and proportions
- Geometric means
- The angle bisector theorem
- Practicing with conic sections
- Defining similar polygons
- Examples of similar polygons
- Similar triangles
- Transitive properties of similar triangles
- Triangle proportionality
- Constructing similar polygons
- Characteristics of right triangles
- The Pythagorean Theorem
1. Ratios and Proportions: Definition and Examples
Watch this video lesson to learn how ratios and proportions are related. Also, learn how ratios and proportions are used in real life and how you can apply them to yours.
2. Geometric Mean: Definition and Formula
Watch this video lesson to learn how different the geometric mean is from the arithmetic mean, or average, that we are all so familiar with. Learn in what circumstance the geometric mean is preferred. Also, learn the formula and how to use it.
3. Angle Bisector Theorem: Definition and Example
Watch this video lesson and learn how you can use the angle bisector theorem to help you find the lengths of missing sides. Also learn how you can identify an angle bisector just by looking at the lengths of the sides of a triangle.
4. Solving Problems Involving Proportions: Definition and Examples
Learn how you can use proportions to find missing sides and how to increase or decrease the sizes of objects to create models of them in this video lesson.
5. Similar Polygons: Definition and Examples
Watch this video to learn what makes two polygons similar to each other. You'll also learn the one distinguishing aspect of similar polygons and see an example of how to compare two polygons.
6. The Transitive Property of Similar Triangles
Watch this video lesson and you will understand what the transitive property is and how it applies to similar triangles. Watch as we apply the transitive property to three similar triangles.
7. Triangle Proportionality Theorem
Watch this video lesson to learn all about the triangle proportionality theorem and how you can use this interesting theorem to help you solve problems. Learn how a parallel line can create sides that are proportional to each other.
8. Constructing Similar Polygons
This lesson will teach you how to construct similar polygons, which are very useful in many quantitative fields. You'll learn that all of this has something to do with, of all things, snowflakes!
9. Properties of Right Triangles: Theorems & Proofs
In this lesson, you will learn about the properties of and theorems associated with right triangles, which have a wide range of applications in math and science. Specifically, we will discuss and prove the Pythagorean theorem and the right triangle altitude theorem. Let's get started.
10. The Pythagorean Theorem: Practice and Application
The Pythagorean theorem is one of the most famous geometric theorems. Written by the Greek mathematician Pythagoras, this theorem makes it possible to find a missing side length of a right triangle. Learn more about the famous theorem here and test your understanding with a quiz.
11. The Pythagorean Theorem: Converse and Special Cases
The Pythagorean Theorem is a famous theorem for right triangles. Watch this video to learn how the Pythagorean Theorem relates to the law of cosines and how the converse of the Pythagorean Theorem can help you identify right triangles.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the High School Geometry: Homework Help Resource course
- Foundations of Geometry: Homework Help
- Logic in Mathematics: Homework Help
- Introduction to Geometric Figures: Homework Help
- Properties of Triangles: Homework Help
- Triangles, Theorems and Proofs: Homework Help
- Parallel Lines and Polygons: Homework Help
- Quadrilaterals: Homework Help
- Circular Arcs and Circles: Homework Help
- Conic Sections: Homework Help
- Geometric Solids: Homework Help
- Analytical Geometry: Homework Help
- Introduction to Trigonometry: Homework Help