About This Chapter
Sinusoidal Functions - Chapter Summary
These fun lessons teach you how to graph and find sinusoidal functions in an easy-to-follow way. Our chapter explains how to find a sinusoidal function and which parts of the function shift a wave up or down or to the left or right. After reviewing these lessons, you will be able to do the following:
- Identify the eight most common functions and their graphs
- Graph sine and cosine waves
- Explain how sine and cosine transformations work
Our video lessons are designed by a professional instructor, so they're easy to understand. You can watch the entire video or skip ahead using the video tabs feature in the Timeline. Printable transcripts outline the most important topics and keywords and make easy study guides. Our instructors are available to help if you need additional assistance.
1. Finding the Sinusoidal Function
After watching this video lesson, you will be able to write a sinusoidal function to represent any wave that you see. Learn what parts of the function make the wave shift up, down, to the left, and to the right.
2. Graphs: Types, Examples & Functions
In this lesson, learn how you can differentiate from the eight most common types of functions and their graphs. Learn the distinct look of each so you can easily distinguish them from each other.
3. Graphing Sine and Cosine
Sine and cosine aren't just for triangles; they can also be waves. See them graphed on the unit circle and then learn how that translates into the sine and cosine waves.
4. Graphing Sine and Cosine Transformations
What happens when we take the sine and cosine wave and transform them? They get bigger, smaller, faster and slower. Find out how in this lesson on sine and cosine wave transformations.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Alberta Education Diploma - Mathematics 30-2: Exam Prep & Study Guide course
- Problem Solving with Logic & Reasoning
- Number Systems & Factoring
- Set Theory & Venn Diagrams
- Probability & Uncertainty
- Permutations & Combinations in Probability
- Introduction to Relations & Functions
- Rational Expressions & Quadratic Equations
- Logarithmic & Exponential Operations
- Solving Problems with Polynomial Functions
- Alberta Education Diploma - Mathematics 30-2 Flashcards