About This Chapter
Six Sigma Belt Levels - Chapter Summary
Understanding the different Six Sigma belt levels is important to know due to specific certifications required for each level. To enhance your employees' understanding of this information, use this chapter as a corporate training resource. Topics that will be covered in these lessons include:
- Six Sigma program and associated belts
- The Six Sigma champion
- Six Sigma yellow, green, black and master belt certification
- Project examples of each belt level
Professionals can review and discuss the lessons in groups when you are conducting corporate training sessions, or they can study the lessons on-site or after work. These lessons can be accessed on a computer, tablet and even a smartphone because they are mobile friendly. A great way to assess retention of the lessons is by taking the lesson quizzes and chapter exam.
How It Helps
- Increases sales: When your employees learn about these specific belt levels, they will learn how to increase productivity and manage logistics.
- Improve skills: With this chapter, your employees will learn about the specific certifications that are needed for each belt level.
- Exposure to examples: The lessons in this chapter include examples of different projects that can be used on each belt level.
Upon completion of this chapter, your professionals will be able to:
- Recall what the belts of the Six Sigma program are
- Define what a Six Sigma champion is
- Understand the different certifications for each belt level
- Contrast the yellow, green, black and master belt levels with one another
- Review specific project examples utilized for each belt level
1. The Belts of the Six Sigma Program
Ever wondered what all those belts for Six Sigma meant? Since when did people start advertising that they had a black belt on their resumes? In this lesson, we learn what all those belts actually mean.
2. What is a Six Sigma Champion?
There are many different roles at most large companies. Some are in charge of financial issues, some are in charge of hiring employees, and others lead projects. In this lesson you'll learn one of the key roles involved with company projects.
3. Six Sigma Yellow Belt: Certification & Definition
Training employees helps a company grow. A popular training program is known as Six Sigma. This lesson will focus on the entry level certification. Come along as we learn about Yellow Belt certification.
4. Six Sigma Yellow Belt: Project Examples
There are many levels of certification for Six Sigma. One level that plays an important role in process improvement projects is the Yellow Belt certification. Come along as we learn what projects might be of interest to Yellow Belts.
5. Six Sigma Green Belt: Certification & Definition
Many individuals want to be an asset to their company. One way to do so is to get certification in Six Sigma. In this lesson, we will learn about one level of certification, which is known as Green Belt certification.
6. Six Sigma Green Belt: Project Examples
There are many different levels of Six Sigma. This lesson focuses on the Green Belt certification and the projects they might take on for their company.
7. Six Sigma Black Belt: Certification & Definition
There are many different levels in the business industry. Perhaps one of the highest achievements one can attain is becoming a Black Belt in Six Sigma. In this lesson we will learn what it takes to be a Black Belt and how one becomes certified.
8. Six Sigma Black Belt: Project Examples
The ultimate goal of every company is to operate efficiently and cut costs. One way to cut costs is to implement Six Sigma by means of projects. In this lesson we will learn about projects that are suitable for those with Black Belt certification.
9. Six Sigma Master Black Belt: Certification & Definition
Many people want to become certified in Six Sigma. While each level of certification is a great accomplishment, perhaps the greatest of all is that of Master Black Belt. In this lesson we will learn what a Master Black Belt is, and how you can get that certification.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 95 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.