About This Chapter
Sixth Grade TEKS - Chapter Summary
As a sixth grade teacher in Texas, you'll want to be sure your curriculum includes the learning objectives set out by the state through Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS). This chapter affords you resourceful strategies you can implement so that you can align your curriculum with TEKS standards. Our instructors will provide you with practical methods for adjusting your sixth grade math, science, social studies, and reading lessons to meet TEKS standards. The lessons will also help you develop techniques for integrating TEKS standards into your curriculum planning.
These lessons been created for teachers, by teachers, so our instructors understand what it takes to develop a curriculum that meets educational standards. They also understand how to present material in a way that's easy to absorb and retain. In this chapter, you'll find engaging lessons that help to illustrate the topics, and quizzes to help you gauge your understanding.
How It Helps
- Improves awareness: By the end of this chapter you'll have a comprehensive understanding of TEKS standards across an array of sixth grade subjects.
- Contributes guidance: These lessons have been developed by teachers to provide you with applicable techniques and help you seamlessly align your curriculum with TEKS standards.
- Meets educational standards: After completing this chapter, you'll know the important concepts and learning objectives to incorporate into your curriculum that will meet TEKS requirements.
After completing these lessons, you'll be able to:
- Fully understand TEKS standards in math, science, reading, and social studies
- Integrate TEKS learning requirements to your curriculum
- Develop lesson plans that incorporate concepts required by TEKS standards
1. Aligning 6th Grade Math with TEKS
Teachers in Texas need to work hard to align their curriculum and instruction with TEKS. This lesson gives you an overview of the sixth grade math standards and offers some suggestions for facilitating alignment.
2. Sixth Grade Curriculum Planning with TEKS
If you are a teacher in Texas, then you know how important it is to align your curriculum with TEKS. This lesson offers you a guide for how to do it thoughtfully and realistically.
3. Aligning 6th Grade Science with TEKS
If you are a sixth grade science teacher in Texas, you need to make sure that your curriculum aligns with Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS). This lesson offers suggestions for planning your year to align with the standards.
4. Aligning 6th Grade Social Studies with TEKS
Teachers in Texas understand the importance of aligning curriculum with TEKS! This lesson focuses on social studies for sixth graders and gives you a sense of what you need to do to make sure your curriculum is appropriately aligned.
5. Aligning Lessons with 6th Grade Reading TEKS
As a sixth grade teacher in Texas, you probably know how important it is to align your lessons with TEKS. This lesson gives you an overview of the relevant standards and ideas for aligning your instruction.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Resources for Texas Educators course