About This Chapter
Skills Development During Workplace Change - Chapter Summary
Our expert instructors examine skills development during workplace change during this chapter, and you can review the details with your team members. The lessons cover employee coachability as well as the process of developing commercial skills and improving interpersonal skills. We've made sure your employees can access this chapter on any smartphone, computer or tablet 24 hours a day.
How It Helps
- Provides assistance: To help your employees through organizational change, provide them with the strategies and tips included in this chapter on developing commercial awareness and improving interpersonal skills.
- Offers knowledge: Your team members will learn new skills or review existing topics such as the characteristics of t-shaped workers and the meaning of coachability.
- Gives flexibility: Whether you need to work with one employee or a large group, this chapter on skills development during workplace change offers a variety of uses in one precise chapter.
Our chapter is designed to help your teams do the following:
- Recognize the importance of employee coachability
- Discuss the characteristics of a t-shaped worker
- Develop commercial awareness and skills
- Understand the process of improving interpersonal skills
1. Employee Coachability: Definition, Importance & Example
Coachability sets good employees apart from, well, bad ones. In this lesson, you'll learn more about employee coachability, why it's important, traits of coachable employees, and a coaching example with a bad outcome.
2. Becoming a T-Shaped Worker: Characteristics & Importance
T-shaped workers combine broad general knowledge with a specialized focus. In this lesson, you'll learn more about these unique workers, their characteristics, and how to develop T-shaped abilities.
3. Developing Commercial Skills & Awareness
Developing commercial skills is important in today's ever-changing job market. In this lesson, you'll learn more about commercial awareness and some simple strategies for increasing your understanding.
4. How to Improve Interpersonal Skills
Interpersonal skills are essential for work and communicating with others. This lesson discusses how to create and improve upon current interpersonal skills.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.