About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering sleep conditions material will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn about sleep conditions. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who want to learn a broad topic in a short amount of time
- Students who are looking for easy ways to identify the most important information on the topic
- Students who have fallen behind in memorizing ways people are affected by sleep talking, snoring and other sleep conditions
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning health and wellness (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who have limited time to study for an upcoming exam
How It Works:
- Complete each lesson in the chapter to review all key topics.
- Refer to the lesson to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with a short quiz.
- Complete your review with the Sleep Conditions chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: The lessons in this chapter cover only information you need to know.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging instruction and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Take the Sleep Conditions chapter exam to make sure you're prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any health and wellness question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: View lessons on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter summarizes the material students need to know about sleep conditions for a standard health and wellness course. Topics covered include:
- Reasons people snore and ways it can be prevented
- Causes of nightmares
- Why some people sleep talk
- Treatment for and causes of sleepwalking
1. Why Do People Snore? - Causes & Prevention
Do you snore? If not, perhaps someone you live with doesn't give you an ounce of sleep because they do! Find out what causes snoring and some of the ways people can prevent this.
2. What Causes Nightmares?
Your subconscious mind can be both wonderful and terrifying. We often wander into strange places and experiences when we sleep. In this lesson, we'll discuss what causes nightmares, our most disturbing sleep experiences.
3. Causes of Sleep Talking
Sleep talking affects almost half of all children and about 5% of the adult population. In this lesson, we'll take a look at some of the things that can cause sleep-talking events.
4. Why Do People Sleepwalk? - Causes & Treatment
Have you ever seen someone sleepwalking? Did you wake them or leave them alone? Find out common causes of sleepwalking and what you should do if you're faced with a sleepwalker.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Health and Wellness course