About This Chapter
Small Business Marketing Strategies - Chapter Summary
This comprehensive chapter covers a variety of small business marketing strategies. Our expert business instructors walk you through the purposes and benefits of strategies such as niche marketing, target marketing, value propositioning and more. You'll also examine the importance of marketing implementation and why marketing is essential for business growth.
Each lesson comes with a short quiz to help you better retain the information you've learned. The chapter can be accessed at any time of day or night on any device that has an Internet connection. After completing the chapter, you should be able to:
- Describe the process of marketing implementation
- Recognize the importance of tactical and strategic organizational planning
- Understand the advantages and disadvantages of a competitive business environment
- Identify several target marketing strategies
- Learn how to apply a niche marketing strategy
- Assess the importance of value proposition in marketing
- See why new product introduction, distribution channels and joint ventures can lead to business growth
1. Marketing Implementation: Example Plans & Strategies
Implementation is one of the most important phases in a marketing plan. This lesson defines marketing implementation and provides a sample marketing plan with strategies.
2. Marketing Tactics and Strategies: Definition & Examples
The purpose of this lesson is to discuss the importance of organizational planning at both the strategic and the tactical levels and to show how pertinent each one is to organizational effectiveness and success.
3. Various Types of Target Marketing Strategies
Watch this video lesson, and you will learn about the ways in which businesses can market themselves. You will see that different products and services require different form of marketing to be successful.
4. Niche Strategy in Marketing: Definition & Concept
While some companies want to conquer the world, some just want a piece of it. In this lesson, you'll learn about niche strategy in marketing. You'll examine the different guidelines for getting into niche marketing and look at an example.
5. The Role of the Value Proposition in Marketing
A central strategy for marketers is value proposition, by which companies try to demonstrate why consumers should purchase their goods. This lesson shows how it works, as well as some real-life examples.
6. Sales Strategies for Business Growth
Sales strategies for business growth help companies gain more profit. In this lesson, we will discuss why it is essential to increase market penetration, introduce new products, find new distribution channels, and create joint ventures.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Principles of Marketing: Help and Review course
- Marketing Philosophies and Ethics: Help and Review
- Competitive Advantage: Help and Review
- The Marketing Environment: Help and Review
- International Marketplace: Help and Review
- Consumer Decision Making: Help and Review
- Business Marketing and Marketing Research: Help and Review
- Segmentation and Product Marketing: Help and Review
- Managing a Product and Retailing: Help and Review
- Overview of Global Logistics & Distribution
- Services Marketing: Tutoring Solution
- Promotion, Advertising and Public Relations: Help and Review
- Selling and Pricing Strategy: Help and Review
- Marketing & Promotion
- The Ethics of Advertising, Marketing & Privacy