About This Chapter
Snakes for Elementary School - Chapter Summary
Elementary school students can benefit from the fun lessons in this chapter as they learn about or brush up on their knowledge of different types of snakes. Our instructors closely examine snakes from different parts of the world and help students understand their unique characteristics. Multiple-choice quizzes and a practice exam are available to assess students' comprehension of these snakes. Any questions that arise about topics covered in the lessons can be submitted to our experts.
- Snake types and characteristics
- Garter and green tree snakes
- Australian and rainforest snakes
- Sidewinder and viper snakes
- Milk and grass snakes
- Tiger and eastern brown snake
Who It's For
Kids who need extra help with snake concepts will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There's no faster or easier way to learn about different types of snakes.
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding snakes like garters, sidewinders and vipers
- Students who have learning disabilities or need a little extra help learning about snakes in Australia and the rainforest
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning science (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient and convenient way to learn about snake types and characteristics
- Students who struggle to understand their science teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra science resources
How It Works
- Find lessons in the chapter that cover the snake topics your student needs to learn or review.
- Press play to watch the video lesson with your student or read through the text lesson.
- Review the lesson or video transcripts, emphasizing the highlighted vocab words to reinforce learning about the types and characteristics of snakes around the globe.
- Test your student's understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify your student understands snakes by completing the Snakes for Elementary School chapter exam.
1. Types of Snakes: Lesson for Kids
You may have seen pictures of snakes, or even noticed one in your backyard! In this lesson, learn about the different types of snakes, and discover some cool characteristics about these creatures.
2. Garter Snake Facts: Lesson for Kids
What's that slithering through the grass? It's a garter snake! In this lesson, you will learn what garter snakes look like, where they live, what they eat, and whether they are dangerous to people.
3. Australian Snakes Facts: Lesson for Kids
In this lesson, you will learn about those slithery, sometimes scary reptiles that slide and slink: snakes! Australia is home to many unique species, so read on to find out about some of the snakes you might encounter if you head down under!
4. Green Tree Snake Facts: Lesson for Kids
Long, skinny, green and fast, green tree snakes are some interesting reptiles. In this lesson, you will learn about what green tree snakes look like, where they live, and whether or not they are harmful to humans.
5. Sidewinder Snake Facts: Lesson for Kids
Unless you live in a desert area, you may have never heard of a sidewinder snake. Read this lesson to find out all about the sidewinder, including how it got such an unusual name!
6. Milk Snake Facts: Lesson for Kids
Slither along for an exploration of the life of a milk snake! In this lesson you will learn what milk snakes looks like, where they live, and whether or not they really drink milk.
7. Snake Characteristics: Lesson for Kids
Many people are afraid of snakes and think they are 'icky.' But once you start to understand how much snakes are like people, you might begin to like them. Read this lesson and learn the real facts about snakes.
8. Eastern Brown Snake: Lesson for Kids
There are many snakes on Earth, but few are as deadly as the venomous eastern brown snake. In this lesson, we'll learn what it looks like and where to find it, and discover some other cool details about this extremely dangerous reptile.
9. Rainforest Snakes Facts: Lesson for Kids
Rainforests are homes to all types of unusual animals, including some rare and impressive snakes. In this lesson, learn about different types of rainforest snakes and how they survive in this hot, humid environment.
10. Grass Snake Facts: Lesson for Kids
Let's take a dip in the pond and explore the life of the grass snake. Why is it called a grass snake if it is found in the water? Read this lesson to find the answer, as well as to learn about how these reptiles look and what they like to eat.
11. Viper Snake Facts: Lesson for Kids
Come take a bite out of this lesson, which explores the big fangs of viper snakes. You will learn where these reptiles live, what they look like, and why it is important to know something about their powerful and poisonous bite.
12. Tiger Snake Facts: Lesson for Kids
Australia is home to many venomous snakes, and the tiger snake is one to watch out for. Read on to learn more about this dangerous snake, what it looks like, where it lives and what it likes to eat.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Plants & Animals for Kids course
- Animal Habitats & Endangerment for Elementary School
- Animal Life Cycles for Elementary School
- Cheetahs for Elementary School
- Horses for Elementary School
- Tigers for Elementary School
- What Animals Eat for Elementary School
- Animals of Geographic Locations for Kids
- Large Mammals for Kids
- Bugs, Butterflies & Insects for Kids
- Reptiles for Kids
- Aquatic Animals & Marine Life for Kids
- Foxes & Wolves for Kids
- Small Mammals for Kids
- Australian Plants and Animals for Kids
- Monkeys, Apes, and Chimps for Kids
- Crustaceans for Elementary School
- Birds for Elementary School
- Fish for Elementary School
- Trees for Elementary School
- Plants for Elementary School
- Pigs for Elementary School
- Sea Creatures for Elementary School
- Large Birds for Elementary School
- Cranes for Elementary School
- Doves for Elementary School
- Egrets for Elementary School
- Geese for Elementary School
- Gulls for Elementary School
- Hawks for Elementary School
- Herons for Elementary School
- Rain Forest Birds for Elementary School
- Falcons for Elementary School
- Woodpeckers for Elementary School