About This Chapter
How it works:
- Identify which concepts are covered on your social development homework.
- Find videos on those topics within this chapter.
- Watch fun videos, pausing and reviewing as needed.
- Complete sample questions and get instant feedback.
- Finish your social development homework with ease!
Topics from your homework you'll be able to complete:
- Social development theories
- Social development in infants, children, adolescents and adults
- Stages of adult development theory
- Impact of gender differences in social development
- Theories of moral development
- Social information-processing model
1. Social Development Theories in Human Growth and Development
There are various theories on the social development of children. In this lesson, we will follow Sally as she meets with different psychologists, learning and differentiating between three of the most popular theories: psychoanalytic, social learning and attachment.
2. Social Development of Infants: Stages of Self and Temperament
When do infants start gaining self-awareness? We will explore the stages infants go through as they increase their knowledge of themselves. We will also look into the typical temperaments of infants.
3. Social Development of Children: Self-Esteem
The social development of children has a strong influence on self-esteem. In this lesson, we will explore the way children feel about themselves and look into several ways caretakers can improve a child's self-esteem.
4. Social Development of Adolescents: Identity
Adolescents often go through a process of discovering what they believe and who they are. In this lesson, we will examine how a teenager develops his or her self concept and identity. We will also take a look at common factors that influence a teen's identity.
5. Social Development of Adults: Self Concept
How would an adult think about his or her self-concept? In this lesson, we'll take a look at what makes up self-concept in adulthood, its changes over time, and how it relates to self-esteem and self-image.
6. Levinson's Stages of Adult Development Theory
There has been a lot of talk about the development of children. But, do people continue to develop into their adult years? Psychologist Daniel Levinson thought so. In this lesson, we will look into his seven stages of adult development.
7. Understanding the Impact of Gender Differences in Social Development
How does one's gender impact behavior and interactions with others? Research has shown that men and women interact differently in social settings and society has ideas for what is appropriate male and female behavior.
8. The Different Theories of Moral Development
How do our ideas of right and wrong come into being? There are a few theories that stand out in their explanation of moral development. These include: psychoanalytic theory, evolutionary theory and cognitive theories.
9. Dodge's Social Information-Processing Model: The Five Stages
How do we understand our world and attribute meaning to it? There is a series of five stages that we go through cognitively when we face an event and decide to act on it. Kenneth Dodge called it a Social Information-Processing Model.
10. Cultural Values: Definition, Examples & Importance
Think about your favorite family or religious celebration. Chances are that your traditions are directly connected to the cultural values that your community has been passing down for generations.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Human Growth and Development: Homework Help Resource course
- Theoretical Approaches to Human Development: Homework Help
- Homework Help for Human Growth & Development Research Methods
- Genetic Influences on Development: Homework Help
- Biological Development: Homework Help
- Sensory and Perceptual Development: Homework Help
- Cognition and Cognitive Development: Homework Help
- Creativity and Intelligence Development: Homework Help
- Language Development: Homework Help
- Social Relationship Development: Homework Help
- Atypical Development: Homework Help
- Basics of Personal Nutrition & Health Problems