About This Chapter
Social Media Advertising & Promotions - Chapter Summary
In this chapter, you'll review fundamental social media advertising and promotion concepts. Through a series of bite-sized lessons, you'll learn about social media marketing channels, the purpose of using social media in marketing, and more. Following each lesson is a short quiz that covers important terms and concepts. Be sure to take the chapter exam, and submit questions to our instructors if they arise. The chapter is available at any time of day or night, and it's accessible on any device that has an Internet connection. When you're finished with the chapter, you should be able to:
- Compare different types of Internet communication platforms, such as Facebook and Twitter
- Integrate social media into marketing campaigns
- Measure the success of social media marketing efforts
- Assess the roles of consumer and business communication in the Digital Age
- Differentiate between various digital video and audio marketing channels in social media
1. How to Incorporate Social Media Into a Marketing Campaign
In this lesson, we consider ways to integrate social media marketing (SMM) into a broader promotional campaign. We examine social media marketing as a tool to be used in conjunction with other marketing channels to produce the best promotional effects.
2. Business & Consumer Communication in the Digital Age
Today, social media has made it easy to comment about a product or a brand using digital channels. In this lesson, we'll learn the importance of business and consumer communication in the digital age.
3. Social Media Marketing Channels: Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest
Likes, tweets, +1s, pins, and more! This lesson provides information about the most popular social media outlets. Learn more about using Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest to expand your digital marketing reach.
4. Social Media Marketing Channels: Digital Video & Audio
This lesson discusses multimedia advertising in the social media environment. It introduces a variety of promotional platforms and then discusses how each can be used by marketers according to their marketing objectives and goals.
5. Measuring the Success of Social Media Marketing
Learn about the metrics that are important in measuring the success of your social media marketing efforts. We also explore options for monitoring your brand online with a social media analytics platform.
6. Required Assignments Reminder
Sorry for the interruption to your course progress! We wanted to make sure you knew this course has a written assignment requirement in order to be completed. Read on to learn where to find these assignments and how to submit them.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Business 309: Digital Marketing & Advertising course
- Marketing & the Internet
- Digital Marketing Strategies
- Creating Digital Campaigns
- Segmentation & Targeting
- Online Marketing & Advertising
- Search Engine Optimization
- Mobile Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Digital & Web Analytics
- Customer Engagement & Relations
- Digital Marketing Plan Strategy
- Required Assignments for Business 309
- Studying for Business 309