About This Chapter
Social Media & Leadership Goals - Chapter Summary
Our chapter outlines social media and leadership goals for the executive. The corporate training chapter discusses the way in which an online presence can be used for personal branding and the use of social media to position oneself as a thought leader. Because these lessons are accessible at all times via mobile devices, your executive team members can work them into their schedules at times that work well.
How It Helps
- Introduces new concepts: In this corporate training chapter, we present information on using social media to set goals, draw in new talent and support corporate content.
- Facilitates learning: These lessons on social media and leadership goals work equally well when utilized individually by your executive team members or for group or executive team workshops and training courses.
- Educates executives: Our chapter was written specifically with the unique needs of the executive in mind and to address the use of social media from their perspective.
After finishing this chapter, your executive teams should understand how to:
- Set goals for social media activity
- Build an online presence for personal branding
- Position themselves as thought leaders by using social media
- Humanize their companies through the use of social media
- Use social media to amplify corporate content
- Bridge the employee-executive gap with social media
- Attract new talent through the use of social media
1. Setting Goals for Social Media Activity for Executives
Setting goals for social media can help you meet your business objectives. In this lesson, you'll learn more about setting goals for your social media activity and how to track the success of your social media efforts.
2. Using an Online Presence for Personal Branding
Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat: Most people today have an online presence. But how can you use that presence to communicate your personal brand? In this lesson, we'll answer this question.
3. Using Social Media to Position Yourself as Thought Leader for Executives
In this lesson, we're first going to define the concept of a thought leader. Then you'll learn about some of the ways an executive can use social media to obtain this influential role.
4. Using Social Media to Humanize the Company
Executives have the power to bring out the human side of their businesses. In this lesson, you'll learn more about the importance of humanizing your brand, on social media, and some ways to go about it.
5. Using Social Media to Amplify Corporate Content
This lesson goes over some of the many strategies you can use to amplify corporate content. We focus on social media and some of the many paid and free strategies therein.
6. Bridging the Employee-Executive Gap with Social Media
This lesson is going to define power distance. You'll then learn how social media can help close the gap in power distance and why this will benefit everyone involved.
7. Attracting New Talent Through Social Media
It's not just the hiring manager's job to attract new talent. Social CEOs are now getting in on the same. In this lesson, you'll learn some strategies for recruiting top talent and see some examples of CEOs leading the way.
8. Social Media Strategy for Executives: Scenario & Application
Crafting a social media strategy requires careful consideration of everything from a target audience to business objectives. Use the company information shared below to help craft a social media strategy that works.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Social Media for Executives course