About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering social media marketing material will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn about social media marketing. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding social media marketing
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning marketing (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about social media marketing
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra marketing learning resources
How It Works:
- Find videos in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Press play and watch the video lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the social media marketing chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the social media marketing chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any marketing question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in a social media marketing unit of a standard Internet marketing course. Topics covered include:
- The role of Twitter, Facebook and other social media channels in marketing
- Branding in marketing and social media
- Brand equity
- Trends in social media marketing
- How to measure social media marketing success
1. Social Media Marketing: Definition & Examples
This lesson will define social media and explain what it means for marketing and business. Examples from different types of social media, including Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, and Pinterest, will be given.
2. Social Media Marketing Channels: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest & More
Likes, tweets, +1s, pins, and more! This lesson provides information about the most popular social media outlets. Learn more about using Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and Pinterest to expand your digital marketing reach.
3. How to Choose a Social Media Channel for Marketing
Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and Pinterest have opened the doors to companies directly marketing to customers. But which one do we use and when? This lesson reviews what channels companies should use to persuasively market their goods and services.
4. Components of a Successful Social Media Strategy
Social media brings with it new possibilities for marketers. These avenues should be pursued with a dedicated strategy. This lesson will define marketing strategy, its social media component, and the essential parts of a social media strategy.
5. How to Incorporate Social Media Into a Marketing Campaign
In this lesson, we consider ways to integrate social media marketing (SMM) into a broader promotional campaign. We examine social media marketing as a tool to be used in conjunction with other marketing channels to produce the best promotional effects.
6. Branding and Brand Equity in Business Marketing
Brand and brand equity go hand-in-hand in the marketing arena. Here, we will discuss how a brand develops and how that leads to increased brand equity.
7. Branding in Social Media Marketing
This lesson discusses what branding is, why it is important, and how businesses can use social media for branding. We review where companies should focus key resources when using social media and look at some tips on how to maintain these focal points.
8. Measuring the Success of Social Media Marketing
Learn about the metrics that are important in measuring the success of your social media marketing efforts. We also explore options for monitoring your brand online with a social media analytics platform.
9. Trends in Social Media Marketing
With about 74% of Internet users integrated into social media, it is no wonder businesses are using this powerful tool. With its endless reach and frequency, social media marketing brings the storefront to the homes and heads of its viewers.
10. Facebook Marketing Strategies
Facebook is a social media website that helps companies have a strong social media presence. In this lesson, learn how creating Facebook marketing strategies can be very beneficial for businesses.
11. Social Media Security for Businesses
In this lesson, we'll take a look at social media, a social media presence for a business, and how social media security is important for businesses. We'll discuss what businesses can do to minimize social media security risks.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.