About This Chapter
Social Media Responsibility & Risks - Chapter Summary
This online corporate training chapter can quickly educate your employees on appropriate, responsible and safe social media use in the professional environment. These expertly developed lessons outline the basics of social media etiquette, safety measures, privacy settings and security risks. Employees can access the chapter at any time and take the accompanying quizzes to reinforce their understanding of social media responsibility. You can also assign your employees the chapter exam to verify comprehension of the material.
How It Helps
- Builds awareness: The chapter helps employees establish a foundational awareness of social media risks and responsibility.
- Outlines positive social media methods: Employees will be able to better recognize positive and negative social media use in the workplace.
- Encourages social media safety: Employees who complete the chapter should be able to apply strategies for using social media safely.
By the end of the chapter, your employees should be able to:
- Define social media etiquette and responsibility
- Recognize inappropriate uses of social media in professional contexts
- Manage professional social media feeds
- Evaluate the basics of social media customer service
- Assess threats and risks that are involved in social media
- Use social media safety and privacy measures
1. Social Media Responsibility & Etiquette
Trying to figure out how to navigate the explosion of social media sites available today? In this lesson, we'll discuss a social media user's responsibilities and tips for being on your best behavior online.
2. Inappropriate Social Media Use for Professionals: Examples & Consequences
Social media can be a fun personal platform, but it can create problems professionally. In this lesson, you'll learn about some consequences and examples of inappropriate social media use for professionals.
3. Managing a Professional Social Media Feed
This lesson provides the basics of managing a professional social media feed. Learn how choosing the right content is crucial, along with the importance of writing your own long-form articles and linking to them.
4. Social Media Customer Service Overview
Social media for customer service? Today, more customers are turning to exactly this platform to get their problems solved. In this lesson, you'll learn more about using social media to handle customer service inquiries.
5. Social Media: Threats, Risks & Security
In this lesson, we'll take a look at social media, what it is, some threats or risks associated with it, and how to protect yourself when on using social media.
6. How to Stay Safe on Social Media
Many of us love to go onto social media websites to connect and enjoy each other's life experiences. While this is usually harmless, there are some tips to follow to avoid falling prey to those that seek to harm you through social media. We will look at how to stay safe on social media in this lesson.
7. Using Privacy Settings in Social Media
Without the proper privacy settings on your social media accounts, your business connections may end up seeing something personal that you probably don't want to share with the whole world. In this lesson, you'll learn how to avoid this scenario.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.