About This Chapter
Software Design & Software Reuse - Chapter Summary
Discover or improve your knowledge of software design and reuse by reviewing this chapter's engaging lessons. Our instructors provide in-depth examinations of the design model in software, object-oriented design and much more. Assess your comprehension of each lesson you study by taking the accompanying multiple-choice quiz. To ensure you have a quality understanding of the entire chapter, be sure to take the broader exam. Any questions that arise about specific lesson topics can be submitted to our experts via the Dashboard. Upon completion of this chapter, you will be able to do the following:
- List the steps in the software engineering design process
- Identify and discuss types of design concepts in software engineering
- Outline the five basic concepts of object-oriented design
- Share examples of the design model in software engineering
- Create a deployment diagram in UML format
1. Design Process in Software Engineering: Steps, Attributes & Changes
Software development is a fascinating journey that starts with the design phase. In this lesson, we will learn about the design process as part of software development and look at some modern approaches to software design.
2. Design Concepts in Software Engineering: Types & Examples
The core design concepts in software engineering should be followed to create a successful program or application. This lesson will go through those main design concepts and explain how each one plays a role in software development.
3. Five Basic Concepts of Object-Oriented Design
There are five key pillars of object-oriented design. In this lesson, we will cover the five core concepts of objects/classes, inheritance, encapsulation, methods, and polymorphism.
4. Design Model in Software Engineering: Elements & Examples
In this lesson, we'll define the Design Model in Software Engineering, moving from requirements to design specifications to an example of a UML deployment diagram.
5. Practical Application for Software Engineering: UML Deployment Diagram
UML deployment diagrams are excellent tools for documenting the relationships between software and hardware. Their uniquely helpful characteristic is the ability to depict a topography of technology used in a system.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Computer Science 307: Software Engineering course
- Introduction to Software Engineering
- Process Models in Software Engineering
- Development & Testing Methods in Software Engineering
- Agile Development in Software Engineering
- Software Requirements & System Models
- Software Requirements Engineering
- Software Architectural Design
- Component-Level Design in Software Engineering
- User Interface Design in Software Engineering
- Software Verification & Validation
- Software Management
- Emerging Technologies in Software Engineering
- Required Assignments for Computer Science 307: Software Engineering