About This Chapter
Who's it for?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering college preparatory math material will benefit from taking this course. You will be able to grasp the subject matter faster, retain critical knowledge longer and earn better grades. You're in the right place if you:
- Have fallen behind in understanding how to solve and graph inequalities.
- Need an efficient way to learn about solving and graphing inequalities.
- Learn best with engaging auditory and visual tools.
- Struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD.
- Experience difficulty understanding your teachers.
- Missed class time and need to catch up.
- Can't access extra math learning resources at school.
How it works:
- Start at the beginning, or identify the topics that you need help with.
- Watch and learn from fun videos, reviewing as needed.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Submit questions to one of our instructors for personalized support if you need extra help.
- Verify you're ready by completing the Solving and Graphing Inequalities chapter exam.
Why it works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Solving and Graphing Inequalities chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any relevant question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students will review:
In this chapter, you'll learn the answers to questions including:
- What is the definition of an inequality?
- How do I graph 1-variable and 2-variable inequalities?
- How do I use set notation to solve a 1-variable inequality?
- What are the steps for transforming a 1-variable inequality into a compound inequality?
- What are the steps for solving and graphing absolute value inequalities?
1. What is an Inequality?
Deciding how to spend your money can be a tricky thing. Should you save it, invest it, or enjoy it? Learn how inequalities can help you make your decision!
2. How to Graph 1- and 2-Variable Inequalities
So an inequality is just an equation with a less than or greater than symbol. But what is the difference between 1 and 2 variable inequalities? What does have a greater than or equal to symbol change? When do you use a number line instead of a coordinate plane? Get those answers here!
3. Set Notation, Compound Inequalities, and Systems of Inequalities
In this lesson, we'll explore the conditions of compound inequalities and learn how to express them using set notation and interval notation. Test you knowledge afterward with a short quiz.
4. Graphing Inequalities: Practice Problems
If you're already pretty familiar with what inequalities are and just looking for a place to practice your skills, this is the place. This lesson covers topics like 1-variable, 2-variable, compound, and systems of inequalities.
5. How to Solve and Graph an Absolute Value Inequality
Taking two skills and combining them to make a more complicated problem is a classic tactic in mathematics. If you feel confident with absolute values and inequalities, see if you can tackle them with their powers combined here!
6. Solving and Graphing Absolute Value Inequalities: Practice Problems
Solving and graphing absolute value inequalities brings a lot of different skills together in one place. The practice problems in this video will give you a good chance to see more examples of absolute value inequalities but will also test your general algebraic knowledge.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the College Preparatory Mathematics: Help and Review course
- Math Foundations: Help and Review
- Problem Solving & Reasoning Skills
- Percents in Math Basics
- Decimals & Fractions Overview
- Understanding Fractions & Mixed Numbers
- Linear Equations: Help and Review
- Graphing and Factoring Quadratic Equations: Help and Review
- Complex and Imaginary Numbers: Help and Review
- Properties of Exponents: Help and Review
- Properties of Polynomial Functions: Help and Review
- Simplifying and Solving Rational Expressions: Help and Review
- Properties of Functions: Help and Review
- Logarithms and Exponential Equations: Help and Review
- Data & Estimation
- Logic in Math: Help and Review
- Sets: Help and Review
- Basic Probability and Statistics: Help and Review
- Geometric Laws & Proofs
- Geometry in College Preparatory Math: Help and Review
- Grade Level Math Vocabulary: Help and Review