About This Chapter
Solving & Graphing Rational Numbers - Chapter Summary
This chapter's video lessons help you review what rational numbers are and how to work with them mathematically. Our professional and engaging instructors take you through the steps of graphing rational numbers as well as performing math operations with them. By the time you complete all of the videos in the chapter, you should be able to:
- Compare rational numbers
- Graph rational numbers on number lines
- Add and subtract rational numbers
- Multiply and divide rational numbers
- Write rational numbers as fractions and decimals
We offer short and fun video lessons to make strengthening your understanding of rational numbers as simple as possible. Instructors break down math concepts and go step-by-step through several examples. In addition to the videos, we also provide lesson transcripts that highlight important terms. Our multiple-choice lesson quizzes are a good way to gauge your comprehension of the covered topics.
1. Comparing & Ordering Rational Numbers
After watching this video lesson, you will be able to look at any rational number and compare it with any other rational number. Learn what you need to do so that you know which number is greater or lesser than another.
2. Graphing Rational Numbers on a Number Line
Number lines have many uses both in mathematics and everyday life. This lesson will teach you how to graph numbers on a number line and give real-world examples of how to use number lines.
3. Adding & Subtracting Rational Numbers
After watching this video lesson, you will be able to add and subtract rational numbers like a pro. Learn what is involved in adding and subtracting these types of numbers.
4. Multiplying & Dividing Rational Numbers
After watching this video lesson, you will know how to multiply and divide rational numbers. You will know when you need to flip your number and when you don't.
5. Notation for Rational Numbers, Fractions & Decimals
How do fractions become decimals? And how do decimals become fractions? In this lesson, we'll learn about the notation of rational numbers, fractions and decimals and learn how they're related.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 95 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Accuplacer Elementary Algebra Test: Practice & Study Guide course
- Performing Basic Arithmetic
- Computation with Integers
- Negative Numbers
- Absolute Value
- Operations with Monomials and Polynomials
- Rational Roots
- Working with Exponents & Exponential Expressions
- Simplifying Algebraic Fractions
- Factoring in Algebra
- Solving & Graphing Linear Equations
- Overview of Inequalities
- Quadratic Equations
- Number Line & the Coordinate Graph
- Algebraic Word Problems
- Fundamental Algebraic Expressions
- Algebraic Distribution
- Writing Algebraic Expressions
- Writing & Solving One-Step Equations
- Writing & Solving Multi-Step Equations