About This Chapter
Solving Inequalities - Chapter Summary
This collection of math study resources helps you review and practice solving inequalities. As you work through the chapter, you'll review the components of inequalities and work through the steps involved with solving and graphing different inequality types, such as absolute value inequalities and multi-variable inequalities. Reviewing this chapter's lessons can help you:
- Understand what an inequality is
- Graph inequalities that contain one or two variables
- Solve and graph absolute value inequalities
- Know how to solve one-step and two-step linear inequalities
To help you solidify your understanding of these math concepts, we've included interactive self-assessment quizzes following each lesson. You can watch the chapter's lessons as many times as you need and submit questions to our instructors if you need extra help. For your convenience, the chapter is available at any time that fits your schedule.
1. What is an Inequality?
Deciding how to spend your money can be a tricky thing. Should you save it, invest it, or enjoy it? Learn how inequalities can help you make your decision!
2. How to Graph 1- and 2-Variable Inequalities
So an inequality is just an equation with a less than or greater than symbol. But what is the difference between 1 and 2 variable inequalities? What does have a greater than or equal to symbol change? When do you use a number line instead of a coordinate plane? Get those answers here!
3. How to Solve and Graph an Absolute Value Inequality
Taking two skills and combining them to make a more complicated problem is a classic tactic in mathematics. If you feel confident with absolute values and inequalities, see if you can tackle them with their powers combined here!
4. Solving One-Step Linear Inequalities
In this video lesson, you will learn how you can solve any kind of linear inequality that only requires one step. Learn when you need to subtract, when you need to add, when you need to multiply, and when you need to divide.
5. Solving Two-Step Linear Inequalities
After watching this video lesson, you will be able to solve any kind of linear inequality problem where you only have to perform two steps. You will know in what order to perform each step and you will know just what kind of operation you need to do.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the BITSAT Exam - Math: Study Guide & Test Prep course
- Expressions & Reasoning in Math
- Complex Numbers & Polynomials in Algebra
- Introduction to Quadratics
- Working with Quadratic Functions Overview
- Mathematical Sequences & Series Overview
- Series & Sequences Application
- Exponential Functions & Logarithmic Equations
- Binomial Theorem Overview
- Overview of Matrices & Determinants
- Sets & Relations in Math
- Introduction to Trigonometric Functions
- Trigonometric Identities Overview
- Real World Trigonometric Applications
- Operating with Functions
- Two-Dimensional Coordinate Geometry
- Straight Lines & Angles in Coordinate Geometry
- Circular Arc & Circles in Coordinate Geometry
- Conic Sections in Coordinate Geometry
- Three-Dimensional Coordinate Geometry
- Limits & Continuity in Differential Calculus
- Calculating Derivatives
- Differentiable Functions & Min-Max Problems
- Differentiability in Integral Calculus
- Overview of Probability in Calculus
- Vectors & Scalars in Math
- Dispersion & Frequency Distributions in Statistics
- Linear Programming & Systems of Equations
- Definite Integrals
- Permutation & Combination
- Mathematical Modeling Overview
- BITSAT Exam - Math Flashcards