About This Chapter
Below is a sample breakdown of the Solving Trigonometric Equations chapter into a 5-day school week. Based on the pace of your course, you may need to adapt the lesson plan to fit your needs.
|Day||Topics||Key Terms and Concepts Covered|
|Monday||How to solve trigonometric equations for x||Steps and rules required for solving trigonometric equations for x|
|Tuesday||How to solve trigonometric equations with identities and inverses||The properties of sin-1 x, cos-1 x, tan-1 x.|
|Wednesday||Properties of inverse trigonometric equations||Use basic identities and inverse trigonometric functions to solve equations|
|Thursday||Solving trigonometric equations with restricted domains and infinite solutions||How to use algebra and graphing utilities to solve trigonometric equations that have restricted domains or infinite solutions|
|Friday||Finding the Sinusoidal Function||How to find a sinusoidal function to model a data set|
1. Solve Trigonometric Equations with Identities & Inverses
After watching this video lesson, you will be able to solve trigonometric equations by making use of trigonometric identities and inverses. Learn the steps to take to get to your solution.
2. How to Solve Trigonometric Equations for X
Adding trigonometric functions into standard algebra equations adds complexity. Learn how to solve trigonometric equations for x and how to use inverse operations to simplify equations.
3. Properties of Inverse Trigonometric Functions
After watching this video lesson, you will understand why our inverse trigonometric functions have a limited range. Learn what this does. Also learn the notation for these functions.
4. Solving Trigonometric Equations with Restricted Domains
After watching this video lesson, you will be able to find the right answer for a trigonometric equation with a restricted domain. Learn what it means to have a restricted domain and what you need to do to find your answer.
5. Solving Trigonometric Equations with Infinite Solutions
Watch this video lesson and you will learn that all trigonometric equations have an infinite set of solutions. But you will also see that we can still go ahead and solve our equations and find concrete answers.
6. Finding the Sinusoidal Function
After watching this video lesson, you will be able to write a sinusoidal function to represent any wave that you see. Learn what parts of the function make the wave shift up, down, to the left, and to the right.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Trigonometry Curriculum Resource & Lesson Plans course
- Real Numbers: Types & Properties Lesson Plans
- Working with Linear Equations Lesson Plans
- Working with Inequalities Lesson Plans
- Absolute Value Equations Lesson Plans
- Working with Complex Numbers Lesson Plans
- Systems of Linear Equations Lesson Plans
- Mathematical Modeling Lesson Plans
- Introduction to Quadratics Lesson Plans
- Working with Quadratic Functions Lesson Plans
- Coordinate Geometry Review Lesson Plans
- Functions for Trigonometry Lesson Plans
- Function Operations Lesson Plans
- Graph Symmetry Lesson Plans
- Graphing with Functions Lesson Plans
- Polynomial Functions Basics Lesson Plans
- Higher-Degree Polynomial Functions Lesson Plans
- Rational Functions & Difference Quotients Lesson Plans
- Rational Expressions & Function Graphs Lesson Plans
- Exponential & Logarithmic Functions Lesson Plans
- Using Trigonometric Functions Lesson Plans
- Triangle Trigonometry Lesson Plans
- Trigonometric Graphs Lesson Plans
- Trigonometric Identities Lesson Plans
- Trigonometric Applications Lesson Plans
- Analytic Geometry & Conic Sections Lesson Plans
- Vectors, Matrices & Determinants Lesson Plans
- Polar Coordinates & Parameterizations Lesson Plans
- Circular Arcs, Circles & Angles Lesson Plans