About This Chapter
Space Race for Elementary School - Chapter Summary
In this chapter, our expert instructors outline the history of the Space Race through a series of engaging and fun lessons which are all designed for elementary-level students. Share these lessons with your students to show them facts about the Apollo Space Program, the Apollo Moon Mission and the NASA space shuttle. The chapter also comes with interactive quizzes to help you evaluate your students' understanding of important Space Race concepts.
- Facts about the Apollo Space Program
- The Apollo Moon Mission
- Parts of the NASA space shuttle
Who It's For
Kids who need extra help learning about the Space Race will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There's no faster or easier way to learn about the history of the Space Race.
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding information about the Space Race
- Students who have learning disabilities or need a little extra help learning about the Space Race
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning about U.S. history (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient and convenient way to learn about the Space Race
- Students who struggle to understand their U.S. history teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra U.S. history resources
How It Works
- Find lessons in the chapter that cover the Space Race topics your student needs to learn or review.
- Press play to watch the video lesson with your student or read through the text lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts and highlighted vocab words to reinforce learning about the Space Race.
- Test your student's understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify your student understands Space Race facts by administering the Space Race for Elementary School chapter exam.
1. Apollo Space Program Facts: Lesson for Kids
In this lesson, we'll talk about the Apollo Space Program, which accomplished the awesome goal of landing American astronauts on the moon. Find out about the program's history and how moon landings became possible.
2. Apollo Moon Mission Facts: Lesson for Kids
The goal of the Apollo missions was to get humans to the moon and safely returning them to Earth. Read on to find out more about the hard work it took to achieve this goal.
3. NASA Space Shuttle Lesson for Kids: Facts, Parts & Definition
A space shuttle is a spacecraft that was used for space exploration from 1981-2011. What are the parts of space shuttles, and how were they used? Keep reading to learn more.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the US History for Kids course
- US Constitution for Elementary School
- US Government for Elementary School
- American Revolution for Elementary School
- Americans in History for Elementary School
- Civil Rights for Elementary School
- 1920s in the US for Elementary School
- American Colonies for Elementary School
- The Civil War for Elementary School
- Prominent Americans for Elementary School
- The Depression for Elementary School
- US Presidents & Elections