About This Chapter
Spanish Conversational Basics - Chapter Summary
Learn or review the basics of Spanish conversation with this simple and convenient online chapter. Through a series of short and engaging lessons, you'll study essential words and phrases that are commonly used in Spanish conversations. You can also expect to study Spanish slang words, idioms and sayings. You'll be able to practice applying your Spanish conversational skills by taking the included lesson quizzes and chapter exam. Our instructors are also happy to answer any questions you may have about these Spanish concepts. Studying this chapter can help you:
- Use basic Spanish greetings and conversational phrases
- Recognize common sayings in several Spanish-speaking countries
- Use Spanish idioms and slang words
- Practice simulated Spanish conversations
1. Basic Greetings in Spanish: Greeting Others & Introducing Yourself
This video introduces students to the various ways of saying 'hello,' asking for basic information ('What is your name,' 'How are you feeling,' 'Where are you from'), and how to answer those questions.
2. Basic Spanish Conversation Phrases
In this lesson, we will learn basic Spanish conversation phrases. We will begin by going through some formal and informal greetings in Spanish. Then, we will learn several formal and informal ways to say good bye. Finally, we will learn some miscellanies basic phrases and questions.
3. Common Sayings in Different Spanish-Speaking Countries
Learn some intriguing sayings from various Spanish-speaking countries in this lesson. Also get some fascinating insights into some of the different Spanish-speaking cultures through our newly learned phrases.
4. Spanish Idioms
This lesson gives you the most common Spanish idioms, which will enhance your fluency level. The actual meaning of each idiom is fully explained in this lesson so you can effectively use each phrase in daily conversation.
5. Spanish Slang Words
Would you like to know how to express yourself like the locals do around Spain and Latin America? Let's find out about important Spanish slang Words from Mexico, Argentina and Spain.
6. Practicing a Simulated Conversation in Spanish
This lesson gives you a few prompts for you to complete a conversation in Spanish. The conversations in this lesson are great practice for you to develop your conversational skills while using context-appropriate expressions.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the AP Spanish Language and Culture: Exam Prep course
- The Spanish Alphabet
- Basic Spanish Writing Conventions
- Spanish Verb Tenses
- Complex Spanish Verb Tenses
- Conjugations of Common Spanish Verbs
- Describing People & Places in Spanish
- Expressing an Opinion in Spanish
- Understanding Spanish Texts
- Writing in Spanish
- Latin American Geography
- Culture, History & Politics in Spanish-Speaking Countries
- Cultural Etiquette in Spanish-Speaking Countries
- Discussing Politics in Spanish
- Discussing Environmental Issues in Spanish
- Discussing Science & Technology in Spanish
- Discussing Social Issues in Spanish
- Discussing Families & Communities in Spanish
- Discussing Art & Architecture in Spanish
- Discussing Aesthetics & Beauty in Spanish
- AP Spanish Language & Culture Flashcards