About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering Spanish food related vocabulary material will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn Spanish food related vocabulary. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding Spanish words for types of food and kitchen items
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning Spanish (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about Spanish food related vocabulary
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra Spanish learning resources
How It Works:
- Find lessons in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Watch the video or read through the text lesson.
- Refer to the transcripts or specific lesson sections to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the Spanish Food Related Vocabulary chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Spanish Food Related Vocabulary chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any Spanish food related vocabulary question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos and read text lessons on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in a food related vocabulary unit of a standard basic Spanish course. Topics covered include:
- Spanish dessert words
- Spanish words for meat
- Cooking and kitchen Spanish words
- Restaurant terminology in Spanish
1. Dessert Vocabulary in Spanish
This sweet lesson gives you a list of dessert vocabulary so you can order at a restaurant, buy items at a bakery or store, or simply practice to expand your Spanish vocabulary.
2. Words for Meat in Spanish
Meat is the basis of plenty of dishes in Spanish-speaking countries. In this lesson you will learn the essential vocabulary related to meat, as well as some other expressions that will help you get by when going shopping or ordering at a restaurant.
3. Spanish Cooking Vocabulary
In this lesson, we will learn to cook a traditional Spanish dish while getting to know important Spanish cooking vocabulary. We will get to know specific verbs for cooking-related activities as well as types of food and measurements.
4. Spanish Kitchen Vocabulary
Are you ready to cook some enchiladas, tacos, quesadillas, arepas, or tortas? In this lesson we will discuss basic Spanish kitchen vocabulary. Get ready and follow me on our trip to the kitchen.
5. Spanish Restaurant Vocabulary
You are ready to enjoy a delicious meal in a Spanish restaurant. You need some vocabulary and phrases to communicate your wishes and needs. This lesson gives you a wide range of terms you can use in this context.
6. Spanish Vocabulary for Fruits and Vegetables
In this lesson, we are heading into the kitchen! We will learn the Spanish vocabulary for many fruits and vegetables. Grab a pen and your recipe book, and let's start cooking!
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Basic Spanish: Help & Review course
- Conversational Spanish
- Advanced Spanish Vocabulary Words
- Spanish Grammar Rules
- Spanish Punctuation
- Spanish Tenses
- Spanish Verb Conjugation
- Spanish Vocabulary Words
- Spanish Past Tense Conjugation
- Subjunctive Conjugation in Spanish
- Conjugating Verbs in Spanish
- Spanish Word Choice
- Reflexive Verb Conjugation in Spanish
- Spanish Present Tense Conjugation
- Spanish Progressive Tense
- The Imperfect Progressive in Spanish
- Spanish Participles
- Spanish Perfect Tense
- At Work: Job Terms in Spanish
- Describing Future Plans in Spanish
- Giving Advice in Spanish
- Politics/Government Terms in Spanish
- Discussing International Politics in Spanish
- Reading Terms in Spanish
- Advertising in Spanish
- If I were... Professions in Spanish
- Social Life in Spanish
- Health and Safety Terms in Spanish
- Describing a House in Spanish
- Chores in Spanish
- Spanish Interrogatives
- Nouns and Gender in Spanish
- Spanish Special Occasion Vocabulary