About This Chapter
Spanish Literary Terminology for Dramatic Genres - Chapter Summary
This convenient online Spanish literature chapter offers simple definitions of dramatic literature terms. As you work through these bite-sized lessons, you'll review basic, intermediate and advanced Spanish terminology for various dramatic genres. When you're finished with a lesson, try the accompanying self-assessment quiz to retain your knowledge. The chapter concludes with a multiple-choice exam, and you can access these resources at any time that fits your schedule. If you have any questions, you can submit them to our expert Spanish instructors. When you're finished with the chapter, you should be equipped to:
- Translate and use basic Spanish words for dramatic literature
- Use intermediate Spanish drama terminology
- Interpret advanced dramatic literature vocabulary in Spanish
1. Basic Spanish Terminology for Dramatic Literature
The theater is an exciting art form. If you are interested in theater in Spanish do not miss this lesson, where you can learn some basic, related terms like 'theater', 'stage', 'acts', and more.
2. Intermediate Spanish Terminology for Dramatic Literature
Increase your vocabulary about dramatic literature in Spanish in this lesson, which will cover terms and concepts like plot structure, characteristics of different genres, stage directions, and more.
3. Advanced Spanish Terminology for Dramatic Literature
In this lesson, we will learn some advanced Spanish words referring to dramatic literature, like catarsis. Many of the concepts we will see come from classical Greek theater, but we will find out how they have been applied to modern Spanish drama.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the AP Spanish Literature and Culture: Exam Prep course
- General & Historical Literary Terms in Spanish
- Spanish Literary Terminology for Narrative Genres
- Spanish Literary Terminology for Poetic Genres
- Rhetorical Figures in Spanish Literature
- Overview of Medieval Spanish Literature (1100-1500)
- Overview of Don Quixote
- The Golden Age of Spanish Literature (1500-1659)
- 20th Century Spanish Literature
- The Latin American Boom
- Contemporary Spanish Literature
- Writing & Composition in Spanish
- AP Spanish Literature & Culture Flashcards