About This Chapter
Spanish Literary Terminology for Poetic Genres - Chapter Summary
In this chapter, you'll study basic, intermediate and advanced Spanish terminology related to different poetic genres. Our expert instructors use simple definitions and explanations, and the included self-assessment quizzes help you further review and memorize these Spanish poetry terms. The chapter is accessible at any time of day or night, and you can use any computer or mobile device to study. Upon completion of the chapter, you should be equipped to:
- Recognize and use basic Spanish poetry words
- Define intermediate Spanish poetry terms
- Comprehend advanced poetry vocabulary in Spanish
1. Basic Spanish Poetry Terminology
In this lesson we will look at the basic terminology for talking about poetry in Spanish. We will see words and their definitions related to the structure of the poetic work, the characteristics, the author, and the overall feeling.
2. Intermediate Spanish Poetry Terminology
Learning about Spanish poetry and ready to bump it up a notch? Let's learn to measure the verses, see categorizations that depend on the number of syllables, and see examples of several stanzas and poems.
3. Advanced Spanish Poetry Terminology
In this lesson we will see some words that belong to the terminology of advanced level Spanish poetry. We will see concepts related to the metric, with the rhyme and with the type of stanza.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the AP Spanish Literature and Culture: Exam Prep course
- General & Historical Literary Terms in Spanish
- Spanish Literary Terminology for Narrative Genres
- Spanish Literary Terminology for Dramatic Genres
- Rhetorical Figures in Spanish Literature
- Overview of Medieval Spanish Literature (1100-1500)
- Overview of Don Quixote
- The Golden Age of Spanish Literature (1500-1659)
- 20th Century Spanish Literature
- The Latin American Boom
- Contemporary Spanish Literature
- Writing & Composition in Spanish
- AP Spanish Literature & Culture Flashcards