About This Chapter
Spanish Numbers - Chapter Summary and Learning Objectives
Knowing the words for numbers and how to count are basic skills for anyone learning Spanish. In this chapter, professional instructors lead lessons that teach the Spanish vocabulary words for numbers 0 through 1,000. The lessons are divided into groups of numbers, with special emphasis places on the rules for numbers in the hundreds. During these engaging video lessons, you will study how these words for numbers are used in written text and in spoken Spanish and learn to pick them out in written and spoken form. You will learn the vocabulary words for numbers up to 1,000, then engage in practice activities to familiarize yourself with the words and their use. These practice activities involve reading passages and listening to sentences in Spanish in order to identify the numbers. After completing this chapter, you should be able to:
- Count to 1,000 in Spanish
- Understand the rules for the hundreds
- Identify numbers in a written passage
- Identify numbers in a spoken sentence
|Counting to 100 in Spanish||Study an introduction to numbers 0-100.|
|Practice Reading and Hearing Spanish Numbers: 0-100||Identify numbers 0-100 in written and spoken sentences.|
|Spanish Numbers 101-199||Take a look at an introduction to numbers 101-199.|
|Spanish Numbers to 1,000: Learning Hundreds in Spanish||Find out about numbers 200-1,000.|
|Spanish Numbers 101-1,000: Practice Activity||Identify numbers 101-1,000 in written and spoken sentences.|
1. Counting to 100 in Spanish
Numbers are an important part of any language. They allow you to discuss prices, scores, temperatures, etc. In this lesson you will learn how to count from 0-100 in Spanish.
2. Practice Reading and Hearing Spanish Numbers: 0-100
This lesson focuses on reading and listening to the numbers 0-100 in Spanish. You will see many situations, from the newrsoom to the newspaper, where numbers are used on a daily basis.
3. Spanish Numbers to 101-199
The counting continues! In this lesson we will focus on the numbers 101-200 in Spanish. Make sure you have a good understanding of the numbers 1-100, because we will use them as a base for forming numbers 101-200.
4. Spanish Numbers to 1,000: Learning Hundreds in Spanish
In this lesson we will learn the numbers 201-1000 in Spanish, focusing on learning the hundreds. We will also look at gender agreement when numbers are used as adjectives.
5. Ordinal Numbers in Spanish
First, second, and third place trophies; the fifth person in line; the eighth car in the race - we have seen cardinal numbers, and now it's time to learn ordinal numbers. These are the numbers that allow us to express the order or position of something.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Spanish 101: Beginning Spanish course
- Greetings & Introductions in Spanish
- Describing People in Spanish
- Locations in Spanish: Vocabulary & Grammar
- Household Terms in Spanish
- Weather and Seasons in Spanish
- Days & Dates in Spanish
- Telling Time in Spanish
- Likes and Dislikes in Spanish
- AR Verbs in Spanish: Present Tense Conjugation and Vocabulary List
- ER and IR Verbs in Spanish: Present Tense
- Pastimes in Spanish
- Technology in Spanish
- Talking About Family Members in Spanish
- Shopping in Spanish
- Discussing the Past in Spanish
- Talking About Vacations in Spanish
- TV, Movies & Media in Spanish
- Discussing Community in Spanish
- Discussing Natural Disasters/Emergencies in Spanish
- As a Child in Spanish
- Spanish Fables
- Required Assignments for Spanish 101
- Studying for Spanish 101