About This Chapter
Spanish Special Occasion Vocabulary - Chapter Summary
Review Spanish special occasion vocabulary with this series of engaging Spanish language lessons. Our team of expert instructors will help you translate and use common phrases related to holidays and special occasions, including Mother's Day, Father's Day, New Years and quinceaneras. Each lesson comes with a short self-assessment quiz to help you retain what you've studied. If you have any questions about these vocabulary terms, simply submit them to our instructors. You can study at your own pace and use any computer or mobile device to access the chapter material. Reviewing these lessons can help you:
- Translate messages and phrases related to Mother's Day and Father's Day
- Use Spanish New Year greetings and phrases
- Translate Spanish quinceanera vocabulary
1. Father's Day Wishes, Quotes & Message in Spanish
In this lesson you will learn Father's Day messages and wishes in Spanish. In Mexico and other Latin American countries, Father's Day is celebrated on the third Sunday of June.
2. Mother's Day Phrases & Messages in Spanish
This lesson discusses Mother's Day (''El día de las madres'') along with its traditions and vocabulary, including the things mothers do for their children, gift ideas, and some phrases we can use to thank them.
3. New Year Sayings, Greetings, Phrases & Vocabulary in Spanish
Do you know how New Year's Eve is celebrated in Spanish-speaking countries? Would you like to wish a happy new year to your Spanish friends? In this lesson you will learn about greetings, wishes, and some unique New Year's traditions and vocabulary.
4. Quinceanera Vocabulary & Terms in Spanish
Have you ever attended a 'sweet sixteen' party? This special event has its equivalent in the Spanish-speaking world. This lesson tells you all about it and includes some useful vocabulary you can use if you get invited to a 'quinceanera.'
5. Spanish Nursery Rhymes for Preschoolers
Nursery rhymes are an effective and fun way to learn a foreign language. In this lesson, we explore some interesting and fun Spanish nursery rhymes that kids will definitely enjoy.
6. Spanish Proverbs About Love & Life
To speak Spanish like a native, you'll have to be able to understand common sayings and proverbs that can hardly be literally translated. Check out this lesson to learn some interesting Spanish proverbs about love and life.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Basic Spanish: Help & Review course
- Conversational Spanish
- Advanced Spanish Vocabulary Words
- Spanish Food Related Vocabulary
- Spanish Grammar Rules
- Spanish Punctuation
- Spanish Tenses
- Spanish Verb Conjugation
- Spanish Vocabulary Words
- Spanish Past Tense Conjugation
- Subjunctive Conjugation in Spanish
- Conjugating Verbs in Spanish
- Spanish Word Choice
- Reflexive Verb Conjugation in Spanish
- Spanish Present Tense Conjugation
- Spanish Progressive Tense
- The Imperfect Progressive in Spanish
- Spanish Participles
- Spanish Perfect Tense
- At Work: Job Terms in Spanish
- Describing Future Plans in Spanish
- Giving Advice in Spanish
- Politics/Government Terms in Spanish
- Discussing International Politics in Spanish
- Reading Terms in Spanish
- Advertising in Spanish
- If I were... Professions in Spanish
- Social Life in Spanish
- Health and Safety Terms in Spanish
- Describing a House in Spanish
- Chores in Spanish
- Spanish Interrogatives
- Nouns and Gender in Spanish