About This Chapter
Spanish Terms for Technology - Chapter Summary
This Spanish chapter covers technology and computer terms that you'd commonly encounter in the workplace. In addition to technology vocabulary, you'll learn relevant verbs, object pronouns and the personal ''a''. A listening activity is included to help you practice understanding these Spanish concepts.
Each lesson comes with a short quiz to help reinforce what you learn. If you have any questions, feel free to ask our expert Spanish instructors. The chapter is available 24/7, and you can use any Internet-connected device to access the lessons. Upon completion of this chapter, you should be able to:
- Use computer and technology-related Spanish vocabulary
- Know how to use the verbs for ''to know'' in the present and preterite tense
- Identify direct, indirect and double object pronouns in Spanish
- Place object pronouns correctly in Spanish sentences
- Comprehend the concept of the Spanish personal ''a''
- Understand a Spanish conversation involving a computer help desk
1. Spanish Vocabulary: Computer & Technology Terms
In this lesson, you will learn vocabulary related to computers and technology. You will review the vocabulary, listen in on a conversation with a computer repair woman, and work with important expressions to form your own sentences.
2. Irregular Spanish Verbs Saber and Conocer: Present Tense
This lesson introduces the present tense conjugations of the irregular verbs saber and conocer. It also discusses the different usages of these two Spanish verbs, which can both be translated as 'to know.'
3. Spanish Verbs Saber and Conocer: Preterite Tense
In this lesson, you will learn when to use conocer and saber since both mean 'to know' in English. You will also learn how to conjugate these verbs in the preterite tense.
4. Direct Object Pronouns in Spanish
In this lesson, we are reminded of the difference between direct and indirect objects. We also discuss how to form the direct object pronouns and begin to put them into use in simple constructions.
5. Indirect Object Pronouns in Spanish
In this lesson, we will learn about indirect object pronouns, what they are and how they are used in Spanish. We'll also distinguish them from direct object pronouns. You will have a chance to practice writing sentences with indirect object pronouns.
6. Using Double Object Pronouns in Spanish
In this lesson, you will learn what double object pronouns are and how to use indirect and direct object pronouns in the same sentence. You will also review indirect and direct object pronouns and practice what you learn today.
7. Correct Placement of Object Pronouns in Spanish
In this lesson, we will discuss where pronouns are placed and why they are placed in certain locations within a sentence. We'll also review the use and placement of direct and indirect object pronouns.
8. The Personal A in Spanish
This video will introduce the grammar concept of the 'a' personal, or personal 'a,' in Spanish. Learn how it is used in sentences and the types of sentences in which it is not used. A brief introduction to direct objects is also included in the video.
9. Practice Activity: Listen to a Help Desk Conversation in Spanish
In this lesson, we will practice vocabulary related to technology and the use of direct, indirect and double object pronouns in Spanish by listening to three conversations Ramón has while working at the help center at a computer company.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Spanish 105: Spanish for the Workplace course
- Culture & Etiquette in Spanish-Speaking Countries
- Introductions & Salutations in Spanish
- Numbers & Payment in Spanish
- Customer Service in Spanish
- Appointments & Dates in Spanish
- Talking About Time in Spanish
- Professions in Spanish
- Office Buildings in Spanish
- Office Tasks & Errands in Spanish
- Expressing Preference in Spanish
- Leisure Activities in Spanish
- Job Applications & Interviews in Spanish
- Business Communication in Spanish
- Work & Benefits in Spanish
- Negotiations & Meetings in Spanish
- Office Roles & Positions in Spanish
- Required Assignments for Spanish 105
- Studying for Spanish 105