About This Chapter
Special Education in Texas- Chapter Summary
Through this chapter's useful text lessons, you will learn how special education is carried out in Texas. These short lessons will also teach you Texas' laws and certifications that affect special education. In addition, you will learn about what Individualized Education Plans (IEPs) and how they are used.
In addition, you can answer brief quiz questions about these special education topics. Our professional and knowledgeable instructors have made the lessons easy to understand, engaging and fun. The lessons are also mobile-friendly, so you can study on the go or in the comfort of your home.
How It Helps
- Identifies certification requiremetns: You will learn about what is required to teach special education in Texas.
- Understand state laws: Your understanding of state laws will help you create a special education teaching plan that meets government standards.
- Promote various types of education: With these lessons, you will learn about the importance of IEPs and better understand the tools that can help special education students.
When you complete this chapter, you will be able to:
- Identify specific special education requirements in Texas public schools
- Understand the certifications needed to teach special education in Texas
- Review laws that regulate special education in Texas
- Define what IEPs are and how they are used in special education
1. Special Education in Texas Public Schools
Public schools in Texas are prepared to meet the needs of special education students by following a process for evaluating students and determining the services they require. Read on to learn more about this process and get info on helpful special education resources.
2. Special Education Certification in Texas
To be certified to teach special education in Texas, you must meet certain teaching prerequisites. Read on to learn about special education certification requirements and resources available to help you earn your certification.
3. Special Education Laws in Texas
Special education laws guide the work of educators as they identify students who have disabilities. When a disability affects academic performance, the student might be in need of special education. This lesson explore how special education laws in Texas work.
4. Individualized Education Plan (IEP) in Texas
If you are a special educator in Texas, you will need to know the format of an individualized education plan (IEP) and the process to create one. This lesson provides an overview of the major sections of the IEP for the state of Texas.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Resources for Texas Educators course