About This Chapter
Spectroscopy - Chapter Summary
Use our lessons and quizzes to refresh your memory on the principles of spectroscopy in regard to UV, visible, infrared and mass spectroscopy. Our instructors show you how to use spectroscopic analysis and why this process is used. You'll also find out what an electron microscope is and how it is used. By the time you've finished the lessons in this chapter, you should be able to:
- Describe the fundamental principles of spectroscopy
- List applications of spectroscopy and what this type of analysis can determine
- Explain what an electron microscope does
These lessons are developed and taught by expert instructors who make learning fun. The multiple-choice quizzes offer the opportunity to assess your knowledge and practice answering questions in this format. You can also contact the instructor if you still have questions.
1. Basic Principles of Spectroscopy
Learn what spectroscopy is, how it works, and what it allows us to learn about the universe. Discover the various applications of spectroscopy and then see how much you learned.
2. Spectroscopy Applications & Analysis
What is spectroscopy? How does it work? Learn about what we do to analyze light with a spectrometer, and the many things we can learn and do with that knowledge. Take a quiz and see how much you learned.
3. What is an Electron Microscope? - Definition, Types & Uses
Find out how we can observe the arrangement of atoms in a crystal, or the small features on the antenna of a wasp. In this lesson you will understand how electron microscopes work and their applications in science and technology.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the MTTC Chemistry (018): Practice & Study Guide course
- Nature and History of Science
- Principles and Procedures of Scientific Inquiry
- Equipment, Safety Procedures & Hazards in the Chemistry Lab
- Interdisciplinary Relationships in Science
- Chemical Nomenclature
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Introduction to Matter
- Atomic Structure in Chemistry
- Trends of the Periodic Table
- Introduction to Chemical Bonds
- Overview of Stoichiometry
- Equilibrium in Chemistry
- Reaction Rates in Chemistry
- Types of Reactions in Chemistry
- Properties of Liquids & Solids
- Gas Laws
- Elements, Compounds & Mixtures
- Organic Molecules for Chemistry
- How Enzymes Work
- Basics of Metabolic Biochemistry
- Thermochemistry & the Laws of Thermodynamics
- MTTC Chemistry Flashcards