About This Chapter
Below is a sample breakdown of the Speech Evaluation Lesson Plans chapter into a 3-day school week. Based on the pace of your course, you may need to adapt the lesson plan to fit your needs.
|Day||Topics||Key Terms and Concepts Covered|
|Day 1||Goals and methods for self-evaluation||Setting specific, measurable speaking goals and using multiple sources and criteria for evaluation|
|Day 2||Skills for evaluating others' speeches||Examining the use of critical thinking and listening skills|
|Day 3||Rehearsing speeches||Looking at the steps to follow for speech rehearsals|
1. Evaluating Yourself as a Speaker: Goals & Methods
The last word of a speech does not completely end it for the speaker. A speaker must take time to evaluate a speech to determine whether the expected goals were accomplished. This lesson will explore several methods to evaluate yourself as a speaker.
2. Critical Listening & Thinking: Evaluating Others' Speeches
Critical listening skills go far beyond just hearing a speaker's message. They involve analyzing the information in a speech and making important decisions about truth, authenticity and relevance. Learn about critical listening and thinking skills in this lesson.
3. Speech Rehearsal: Importance and Process
Speech rehearsal is as important as writing the speech itself. It starts with a pre-rehearsal and then follows several steps. By following the process, you will have a winning speech.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Public Speaking Syllabus Resource & Lesson Plans course
- Introduction to Public Speaking Lesson Plans
- Analyzing The Audience Lesson Plans
- Listening and Feedback Lesson Plans
- Topic, Purpose, and Thesis of a Speech Lesson Plans
- Researching the Speech Lesson Plans
- Organizing The Speech Lesson Plans
- Outlining The Speech Lesson Plans
- Language and Style Lesson Plans
- Speech Delivery Lesson Plans
- Using Visual Supports Lesson Plans
- Types of Speeches Lesson Plans
- Reasoning and Rhetorical Proof Lesson Plans
- Preparing For an Impromptu Speech Lesson Plans