About This Chapter
Spheres of the Earth for Elementary School - Chapter Summary
This elementary earth science chapter offers kid-friendly lessons about the different spheres of the earth. Our expert instructors cover important facts about the earth's spheres, including the hydrosphere, cryosphere, lithosphere and biosphere. Each lesson comes with a short quiz to help you see how well your students comprehend the lesson material. The chapter is also accessible on any computer or mobile device.
- Hydrosphere facts
- Information about the cryosphere
- The lithosphere
- Biosphere details
Who It's For
Kids who need extra help learning about the spheres of the earth will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There's no faster or easier way to learn facts about the hydrosphere, cryosphere, lithosphere and biosphere.
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding information about the spheres of the earth
- Students who have learning disabilities or need a little extra help learning about the earth's spheres
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning about earth science (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient and convenient way to learn about the spheres of the earth
- Students who struggle to understand their earth science teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra earth science resources
How It Works
- Find lessons in the chapter that cover the earth sphere topics your student needs to learn or review.
- Press play to watch the video lesson with your student or read through the text lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts and highlighted vocab words to reinforce learning about the different spheres of the earth.
- Test your student's understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify your student understands earth sphere facts by administering the Spheres of the Earth for Elementary School chapter exam.
1. Hydrosphere Lesson for Kids: Definition & Facts
Have you ever heard of the 'hydrosphere'? Without it, we wouldn't be able to live on Earth. Read this lesson to find out what the hydrosphere is, what it's made of, and why it's important for all living things.
2. Cryosphere Lesson for Kids: Definition & Facts
In this lesson, you'll learn about the cryosphere, which is one of Earth's five spheres. Put on a heavy coat and gloves, because exploring the cryosphere is going to be very, very cold!
3. Lithosphere Lesson for Kids: Definition & Facts
One of the Earth's five great spheres is the lithosphere. In this lesson, you'll find out what the lithosphere is, where it is on Earth, and what might happen when it moves around.
4. Biosphere Lesson for Kids: Definition & Facts
What do you and I have in common with a giant squid? We all call the biosphere home! Learn what the biosphere is and discover fascinating facts about the biosphere in this lesson.
5. Ecosphere Lesson for Kids
Have you ever wondered why living things cannot survive on other planets, but they can on Earth? It is because of Earth's ecosphere. In this lesson you'll learn what an ecosphere is, how it works, and how it supports life.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Earth Science for Kids course
- Overview of Astronomy for Elementary School
- Branches of Science for Elementary School
- Climate for Elementary School
- Overview of Geology for Elementary School
- Insects for Elementary School
- Types of Weather for Elementary School
- Understanding Matter for Elementary School
- Volcanoes for Elementary School
- Geologic Time for Elementary School
- Dinosaurs for Kids
- Fossils for Elementary School
- Oceans for Elementary School
- Landforms for Elementary School
- Coastal Geography for Elementary School
- Bodies of Water for Elementary School
- Islands for Elementary School
- Lakes for Elementary School
- Landmarks for Elementary School
- Mountains for Elementary School
- Plateaus for Elementary School
- Seas for Elementary School